Weird Loading Screen Issue after updating to DP6

minus_13

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone..

I have been using Mavericks DP1 on my laptop fine and I decided to catch up with the updates and update to DP6.. So I updated to DP6 with the combo updater and it went fine but after rebooting all I get is the apple logo with the loading circle on the bottom. and it seems to take forever to load.. With -v I get a white screen then it switches to a black (terminal-like) screen which I don't see any activity on but I see the hdd working (it's possibly restoring windows).. So I guess this is a graphic related issue..

I tried so many solutions but none of them worked.. I deleted TESLA related kexts beacuse they were the only differencies I could spot from the DP1 but it didn't work. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, no result, -x no result,... This problem is driving me crazy because it's just weird..

I wonder if you guys can share your graphic kexts (NVDANV50HAL, NVDAResman, Geforce, ....) for me to test if they work?

Here are my specs:

HP DV6-2190

CPU = Intel Core i7 720 QM 1st gen

GPU = NVidia GT230M

Thanks

I had this issue too, and it seems related to update to DP1 to DP6, I know that you use the "Combo Update" but for some reason it works if you install dp1 and then dp2 , dp3 and so on up to DP8. 

But now use GM version to install jeje

I had this issue too, and it seems related to update to DP1 to DP6, I know that you use the "Combo Update" but for some reason it works if you install dp1 and then dp2 , dp3 and so on up to DP8. 

But now use GM version to install jeje

Thanks, that did the trick :)