• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Cbhasin

Installing Niresh OS - Missing Driver for a Platform

2 posts in this topic

Hello!

I was recently trying to install the latest version of Niresh OS (which is derived distro of Mountain Lion). The problem that I get on booting is this error at verbose mode:

panic (cpu 0 caller 'something was here') : "Unable to find driver for this platform :
\ "ACPI \ ". \ n"@/ SourceCache / xnu / xnu - 1504.15.3 / iokit / kernel / IOPlatformExpert.cpp : 1546
Debugger called : <panic>

The machine that I was trying to install this distro is HP Envy 4 - Ultrabook 1046 TX. Here are more details of the hardware:

http://www.flipkart.com/hp-envy-4-1046tx-ultrabook-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-32gb-ssd-win7-hp-2gb-graph/p/itmdak77wenfusqh?pid=COMDAK72CMTCU22B&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=HP+Envy+4+Ultrabook&ref=ebe97849-9bf5-4ecd-81b0-bf532af217ec

Perhaps it is because Mac requires to search for an optical drive and my laptop simply does not have an optical drive.

Is there any way I can install Niresh OS on my computer or any other possible way in which I could install a Hackintosh into my laptop.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks!

Have a look at Pandora here in Downloads.

If you have time you can read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

Distros are  not very good supported here. Forget it to try to install them. You always get a lot of garbage in your install.

Have fun.