simple request

ziki

12 posts in this topic

can anyone possibly send me a x86 install dvd? my internet connection is horrible and it'd take forever to download it, especially on public torrent sites.

PM me if you can, it'd be greatly appreciated

Yeah, would definately have to be local... most people are not willing to risk sending pirated software through the snail mail system to a complete stranger!

You really should invest in high speed... you are not going to last much longer on the Internet with dial-up... simple fact... the future is speed, and without it, you lose out on the goodies such as OS X.

Yeah, would definately have to be local... most people are not willing to risk sending pirated software through the snail mail system to a complete stranger!

You really should invest in high speed... you are not going to last much longer on the Internet with dial-up... simple fact... the future is speed, and without it, you lose out on the goodies such as OS X.

You don't need to be on dial-up for a 4.8GB download long time. On a 512kb or 1Mb connect it can still take ages. I have a 8MB connect and even mine took a few days (downloading when I can). Also as I’m sure you know it depends on seeders. But you're right. If you’re on dial-up then you ideally need to change (but not just for the OSX DVD). Anyway I would have thought the price of dial-up is more or less the same as broadband. Or at least it is here in UK.

But distance is an issue.

Oh, don't get me wrong AcePlayer, I agree... even highspeed can seem slow at times with bittorrent, but I was speaking more general. He said his internet connection was horrible, not so much his torrent downloads specifically. I mean we all suffer from lagged downloads... I'm at 3MB and I am more off lucky if I can pull down 20-50kb sometimes. But if he is giving up on downloading OS X becuase he thinks it will take forever, I doubt he is on highspeed of any kind. That is the mindset of a dial-up user. Most of us that have highspeed are willing to wait a few days of downloading torrents in the background, while a dial-up user gets impatient checking his email ;)

That's true. horrible does sound like dial-up. Maybe the 28kb version.

I wonder if anyone had actually download a OSX DVD using dial-up? When they finally get it downloaded they realise everyone else is on 10.6 now.

I remember a few years ago I tried downloading "The Others" cd 1 and 1 (damn you author) using dialup. It was a 1.4Gb file and I think it took me like 2-3 weeks with my pc on downloading 10hours every day.

I know you are sincere. But the risk is that you are a federal agent posing as a user. We send you a DVD containing an illegal copy of a hacked OS and before you know it, we are behind bars getting acquainted with our new "girlfriend".

Anybody that doesn't know you personally would be very foolish to send you a DVD with OSx86 on it.