Hack Pro build using a bitfenix prodigy case?

spuncreative

4 posts in this topic

I mainly do DSLR photo and video editing using PS and FCP 7. I'd like to get into motion graphics in After Effects and color grading in divinci resolve. Do you think ONE Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5 GHz CPU would be enough to run that workload smoothly? I would have that paired with the EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2048MB OR EVGA GeForce GTX680 SuperClocked 2048MB. Is it possible to run two processors in a hackintosh? Is it possible with the Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5 GHz? Or would I need something else? Is there another CPU with more cores that would be better?

IF so, I really like the design of the bitfenix prodigy and prodigy M cases. Would two processors fit inside of that particular case? Thanks!

J

Pimentel: That's not a very helpful reply!

spun:

Yes, you can run dual CPUs in a Hackintosh, but the 3770k does not work in dual CPU configuration, as far as I know you need Xeon CPUs for that.

You can shove a lot of CPUs into a PC cabinet, that's not the question you need to ask.

You need to look at motherboards that support dual CPUs and then check if your case can accommodate the motherboard that you want to use.

The cases you mention are micro ATX and mini ATX, I don't think it will be easy to find a dual socket Xeon motherboard in those formats.

Look at EVGA SR-2 for dual Nehalem and Westmere configuration: it's like MacPro, but better. Ask Tutor from MacRumors, or Punk Nugget, moderator of the Mac Mods section. Rampage also can give you tips about X79 systems that also supports dual Sandy-E or even Ivy-E Xeon CPU systems. Ask him in his blog, www.rampagedev.wordpress.com.

All the best!