Sony VGN-CR190 Laptop & 10.9 (Success for the most part)

Tom_in_Arizona

3 posts in this topic

(Edited out of respect, thank you artur-pt)

To make it work well I used the following boot up flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x2000

All is working for the most part except for 2 items.... The Audio and the wireless network. I have it online via Bluetooth to my cellphone. I know the Intel Pro Wireless AGN card is not really supported, but now sure about audio. It is supposed to be some sort of Realtek audio chipset

Anyone have any clue on the correct kext to use or driver?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks artur-pt, respectfully edited, I hope that what I did is now acceptable.

To update on things, I was in the store today and came across a "Tenda w311mi" 802.11N Micro-USB WiFi adaptor, and it was only $10. I decided to try to give it a whirl.... Well to my surprise when I got home it has a Ralink RT5370 chipset on it! The stock USB drivers offered from Tenda didn't work, not even the updated ones.... However a quick Google search, and I found that the "D-Link DWA-125" what the same chipset, so I downloaded the latest drivers for it, and after a quick install and then reboot I opened back up the System Preference/Network Panel and plugged in the Micro-USB dongle. Sure enough it showed up on the list! Back on the System Prefs screen there was a new item with a D-Link logo called DWA-125, so it got opened, but asked for the panel itself to be restarted in order for it to be able to work, and sure enough it did! 20 seconds later I had my WPA code typed in and was connected to the net.

I am going to work on the Audio next trying your link artur-pt

• Like 1