Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Chameleon Wizard won't update

1 post in this topic

Hi !

This is my second hackintosh and I have a strange problem.

Everything's fine except the chameleon wizard 4.2.2 utility. It refuses to update the Chameleon revision arguing that there's a problem with my internet connection which is of course not true. Every Internet related apps works perfect, Safari, iCloud, Mail, Google Drive etc. Chameleon Wizard is the only one. When I installed ML 10.8.4 for the first time, I was connected via Ethernet and everything worked fine - including the Wizard. I then switch to a USB Wifi stick (TP-Link Realtek 8192CU based chip) and the Wizard started to stop functioning.

I then de-activate the USB Wifi stick and re-activate my Ethernet connection with cable connected, got an IP address but Chameleon Wizard still says that there's a problem with my Internet connection.

I de-installed the wizard, re-install it, even downgrade to version 4.1.0 but there's nothing to do.

I don't understand what's going wrong and it's very annoying because I have 2 others disk with Linux and Win 8 and I need to use the boot0md option to manage them at boot.

any ideas ?