Is it possible to dual boot two osx distros?

coast123

2 posts in this topic

I am fairly new into the Hackintosh scene but I have installed Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my toshiba satellite c655d-S5302 with an amd vision processor and an amd radeon hd 6310 graphics using the niresh distro. However I have niresh 10.7.3 v2 downloaded an would like to have that as a second option , yes I know how to partition install kexts but would really like to know if it is possible to dualboot two Mac OS X distros on one pc if so could you post a link to a guide or something.

Thanks in advance

Coast123

Yes, if HD is big  enough, you have already a free partiton on MBR, on GPT you can creating it, by shrinking exsiting partitons and ad an enother one. Before you install the second system, you should install the latest version of chameleon. On Lion do this after booting first time into the new installed partiton. You can do the partitoning in ML before installing. After booting from the install device, chose your prepaired partition, and do the install. Then you have do the same  procedure as by the first install. After you have installed to Lion your boot loader, you can chose between your two systems. For this simple thing you need no guide. It seems, that you are being for this experienced enough.

Have fun.