USB disconnects on wake

1 post in this topic

I currently have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H working with Clover UEFI boot on Mac OS X 10.8.4. It seems that most functions are working (audio, USB 3, etc) but when the computer wakes from sleep, all USB devices are disconnected for about 30 seconds. After that it reconnects by itslef without issue and everything works normally. The console has no messages that seem intersting with the exception of "kernel[0]: RestoreControllerStateFromSleep: xHC Restore Error". I do have the GenericUSBXHCI kext installed to have USB 3 working. All of Clover's USB 3 flags are off (even with them on, it does not help) and the both of the HCI handoff features in the BIOS are on (but even with them off, it does not help). I do not have a DSDT installed. Any ideas on where to go with this issue?

Edit: On closer inspection there are also "kernel[0]: com.apple.usbmuxd[53]: DeviceRequestAsync failed: 0xe00002c0" and "kernel[0]: IOUSBHIDDriver: waitForPMDriverCall timeout" messages.

Edit 2: Upon research of the newer console messages, "-gux_nosleep" fixes the issue but I can no longer wake using the keyboard (refer to this forum post). I guess this is a good enough tradeoff for me unless anyone has any ideas with how to get wake to work without it!