Parallels Desktop 8

Derek12

10 posts in this topic

Is it broken under Mavericks or it's me? I've reinstalled multiple times. It worked fine under ML and BIOS settings weren't touched at all.

(It first says virtualization is disabled, then says 1 core will be used, then a driver couldn't be loaded, and finally crashes, all this when opening a VM)

Thanks

Download the latest release from their website, build 8.0.18608 rev898384 works great in my hack with DP5.

Thanks I have that build. So I assume it's something wrong in my end, meanwhile I will try Virtualbox until I get this fixed.

Maybe Apple changed something in the new kernel, did you install a custom kernel in your ML setup?

Thanks, ML as well as Mavericks are vanilla.  I will try a later release of Parallels...

* PD: New Maps app also fails. The map doesn't load in standard mode and going into hybrid or satellite mode crashes. Maybe it's something related. The rest of apps work fine.

* PD: New Maps app also fails. The map doesn't load in standard mode and going into hybrid or satellite mode crashes. Maybe it's something related. The rest of apps work fine.

This finally was due to lack of video drivers, now with my 5450 the Maps app works fine, phew...

• 2 weeks later...