Bug in Migration assistant 10.9 DP5 ?

Goron

2 posts in this topic

After successful update to DP5, i tried to migrate the programs (and ONLY the programs) from my Lion (10.7.5) installation. The assistant logged me out, asked what to transfer, did it´s job and reappeared with the login screen. Since then, after typing my password i only get a blank white screen with black mouse cursor!????!

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

post-65306-0-50799700-1376213322_thumb.jpg

Goron

After successful update to DP5, i tried to migrate the programs (and ONLY the programs) from my Lion (10.7.5) installation. The assistant logged me out, asked what to transfer, did it´s job and reappeared with the login screen. Since then, after typing my password i only get a blank white screen with black mouse cursor!????!

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

attachicon.gifIMG_0664.jpg

Goron

The OS is still in beta (and therefore still has bugs) - I tend to not like migrating from OS X version to OS X version; instead, I'll run them side by side and flat-out reinstall any apps I want to be commonplace (the same thing I tend to do when evaluating new versions of Windows, and for the same reasons).  The only things I migrated were settings/such from iCloud, and that is entirely due to it BEING cloud-based.

I ran into a different issue upgrading from DP4 to DP5 - my Mavericks partition got partially deranged and would not boot; fortunately, booting with the -v and -s switches uncovered the culprit (node settings derangement, apparently caused by the DP4-DP5 upgrade, which I downloaded from the App Store).  Running fsck fixed the derangement, and let me FINALLY boot up DP5.