• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Whit3Spirit

Disable Optimus Nvidia GT640M ?

13 posts in this topic

Hi all !

I have a bad english, sorry in advance !

I have a big problem with my DSDT. I just wanna disabling Optimus on my DSDT. I have a HD4000 in couple with a Geforce GT 640M. My PC is the Acer Aspire V3-571G. 

All my config is ok but my battery have just 1h of charge, the temperature of my proc is 85° and i'm scary to burn my PC !

If the graphic card is disable, i can have a long life and less strong temperature and be happy and don't worry !

Can you help me to patch my DSDT ?

Tanks for any help !  :thumbsup_anim: 

WS

EDIT : Solution --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295584-disabling-nvidia-optimus-card-on-all-laptops/

V3-571G i7 DSDT modified.zip

V3-571G i7 SSDT+DSDT unmodified.zip

In the modified kext,  i have try the _ON _OFF and _PS0 _PS3 method with PINI() in the WAK method but my card is active...

Help ?

Ok, my hackintosh boot normally with the new dsdt but my GT640M is loaded without NVidia's kext... 

In my DSDT i have removelly the Graphic card with the PINI method in _WAK and _INI (_INI in the PEGP).

In my PINI method, i have :

Method (PINI, 0, NotSerialized)
    {
        \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF ()
        \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3 ()
        Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.EHC1)
        Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.EHC1)
        Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.EHC2)
        Store (One, \_SB.PCI0.EHC2)
    }

in _WAK :

Method (_WAK, 1, Serialized)
    {
        PINI ()
        Store (Zero, P80D)
        If (NEXP)

in _INI :

Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    PINI ()
                    Store (Zero, _ADR)
                }

Where is the problème ? I don't have warnings or problem with the compilation of MacIASL...

In my DSDT i have removelly the Graphic card with the PINI method in _WAK and _INI (_INI in the PEGP).

PINI is conventionally called from _INI inside the PCI0 scope, not the PEGP Device. (PINI has been christened "PCI0/Wake INI" and you're also doing other things inside PINI that are totally unrelated to the NVIDIA card.) I don't think it makes a difference, though, but I feel it's worth mentioning.

In my PINI method, i have :

Method (PINI, 0, NotSerialized)
    {
        \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF ()
        \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3 ()
[...]
    }

Look again carefully at your SSDT-4. _PS3() already calls _OFF to turn off the card but only if OMPR is set to 0x03. This makes the _PS3() call redundant but it's not recommended to call _OFF directly. So, make it so that calling _PS3() actually calls _OFF:

Look at this post to see how to correctly set OMPR and turn off the card. Use it as a base for your PINI() method and fix your _WAK and _INI (in PCI0) accordingly. If you're dropping SSDTs, you'll have to merge the correct sections from your SSDTs into the DSDT yourself and ignore the External lines.

Hi, I have acer v3-571g but I couldn't make it work both of my graphics card. I tried everything all dsdt and kexts, enablers, even IGPEnabler and graphics injector. My cards HD 4000 128 MB and GT 640m 2 GB, I would be appreciated If you help me

You should load up the dsdt.aml, that you are using and all ssdtn.aml, extracted for example with Aida64 on Windows.  Perhaps somebody will help you.

Have fun.