InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Shasoosh

VoodooHDA 2.8.4, Green Rear = Orange Rear

I got a weird problem using VoodooHDA. After a restart I won't hear anything until I'll remove the Orange rear jack from the computer. After some research I've found that My orange and green are on the same line-out and after restart ML detects the orange one what leads me to not hear sound.

This is how my Audio devices look like:

Screen_Shot_2013_07_27_at_3_23_08_PM.png

If i'll push the Orange jack in it will take the green one place :

Screen_Shot_2013_07_27_at_3_22_47_PM.png

And I won't be able to hear anything. Is there a way to edit VoodooHda to separate those two or to completely disable the orange line-out? (I still want to keep the jack in for my Windows gaming OS)

Thanks 

Advertisement

Thanks for your reply joe_black.

I've installed the above VoodooHDA_Fix and I'm still seeing the same behavior. In System Pref -> sounds Lube-out (Green Rear) will turn into Line-Out (Orange Rear) once the Orange jack is inside the mother board. How can I adjust this?

I do , tried that solution and it half works but the sound coming out of the headphone jack on the front has a lot of side effects cracking popping sounds plus an ugly cable stuck in front of my case. I was hoping there is some kind of tweak to add another line out to voodoohda or at least disable current ones.

It's a H87-D3H Haswell build with ALC892.  I tried every AppleHDA.kext version out there. Spent my all weekend on it.

After some digging + reading + consulting I was told that 10.8.4 does not support the version of the Intel HD Audio codec installed on my 8 series motherboard.

It's a H87-D3H Haswell build with ALC892.  I tried every AppleHDA.kext version out there. Spent my all weekend on it.

After some digging + reading + consulting I was told that 10.8.4 does not support the version of the Intel HD Audio codec installed on my 8 series motherboard.

You've tried *cough* the forbidden Multi bear dog cat *cough* right?

You can use the ALC8xxx audio in the installer.