Will It Work - AMD + Parts

anton2k

5 posts in this topic

Hey guy's, the last time i used OSX was in high school i am not gona lie i am a windows fanboy though and through but when it comes to developing apps for the likes of iOS osx is a must imo. So i was just wondering if any of you osx guys who have way way way more experience than me with installing osx on hardware that its not really meant to be installed on could point me in the right direct and give me some feedback with regards to my current system.

Hardware:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M USB3

CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 965 Black Edition

GPU: Nvidia MSI GTX 660 TI PE

Other Questions:

1. Which is the best version/distro of OSX to install and why?

2. Where can i find out what comes with OSX by default i.e. application as i have heard really good things about video edition software on the macs and design work to.

3. Can i still left and right click (newbie! remember lol)

4. Why do you like using OSX? do you like it better than windows? if so why?]

Big thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Cheers,

- Anton.

Processor will be the main problem. AMD processor doesn't work good on OS X. And without patched kernel it won't work at all. If you want to use OS X as your main OS, I would strongly advise you to replace processor with Intel (all the Ivy Bridge or Haswell series processors should work well).

Application for video editing you heard is probably Final Cut X.

And surely OS X is much better than Windows. It would be easier to say why I like Windows - only because of gaming. In pretty much everything else OS X is better :)

Hey guy's, the last time i used OSX was in high school i am not gona lie i am a windows fanboy though and through but when it comes to developing apps for the likes of iOS osx is a must imo. So i was just wondering if any of you osx guys who have way way way more experience than me with installing osx on hardware that its not really meant to be installed on could point me in the right direct and give me some feedback with regards to my current system.

Hardware:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M USB3

CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 965 Black Edition

GPU: Nvidia MSI GTX 660 TI PE

Other Questions:

1. Which is the best version/distro of OSX to install and why?

2. Where can i find out what comes with OSX by default i.e. application as i have heard really good things about video edition software on the macs and design work to.

3. Can i still left and right click (newbie! remember lol)

4. Why do you like using OSX? do you like it better than windows? if so why?]

Big thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

Cheers,

- Anton.

AMD fonctionne très bien sur Lion 10.7 i386/x86_64 ;) 

AMD works fine on Lion 10.7 i386/x86_64 ;)

http://www.osx86.net/view/3650-kernel_lion_10.7.4-5_for_amd_x86_64_bit__...html