Is it possible?

PureNexus

9 posts in this topic

Hello OSX86 land, I'm relatively new to the world of "Hackintosh" and I've been attempting to install OSX on my laptop for months now.

Every time I try to install, my HDD simply isn't detected in disk utilities. I've tried iDeneb, iATKOs, and Leo4All and none of which can seem to detect it. I checked my BIOs for the option to change the "SATA Controller mode", but it doesn't exist (I contacted my Manufacture's Support forums and they've confirmed that it's impossible to change that).

So I'm now asking, is it even possible to install mac on my PC?

Here are my specs:

post-1186713-0-16867500-1372792909_thumb.jpg

Verdant's nforce guides should have everything you need, you didn't find anything because you don't know what you're looking for.

If there's no way to configure your drive controller from BIOS you need to find a driver for it that works with it the way it is.

Your chipset is nforce so you're looking for an nforce southbridge driver. Find out what the exact model name of the SATA controller is, then read, study, experiment.

• Like 1

@  PureNexus

Your posted specs already tell you what you need to know:

nForce 630M chipset and MCP67

So, search IM for guides dealing with HP Pavillion dv6700 OS X /MCP67 / nForce 630M installation guides…… ;)

I did. I found a few threads (most of them had 0 replies), one thread had someone with the same laptop as me, so i messaged him a few months ago asking how he did it and have yet to get a reply.

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Fullquotes removed. Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them, thank you.

@ PureNexus

I suggest you look at this topic…...

Okay, I looked through that topic. But I can't find anything that can help me. I don't know if it's actually there, or if I'm just stupid and cannot find it.

Look at post # 8, 11 and 14 - 17.......