Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Code tag erases content after it.

7 posts in this topic

Well, whenever i make a reply, or post a new topic, as soon as i use the code bbcode,  everything is erased after that, after i have submitted the post.

Here some info on something:

[*code]just use google[*/code]

Hope this helps.

After submitting the post, this will be showed: 

Here some info on something:

[*code]just use google[*/code]

It's annoying, because i have to edit every post that contains it afterwards, if it is even possible.

10.8.4, Safari (Newest)

If more info is needed, let me know.

Added some * to a problem topic, please have a look :)

Removing the * will erase the rest. BTW, why auto:0? 

Not seeing the issue, I just edited your post to remove the * and it saved correctly. Also done tests beforehand with the codebox and haven't seen this. Could be browser specific, I don't think it will be account specific. Maybe try a different browser and see if it changes?

Will do, but browser specific would mean Safari, well, let's see if it changes anything.

Edit(Mozilla Firefox): FF works, i'll delete cache and cookies, what i did before in safari, see if it solves anything.

some info

Edit 2 (Safari): Clearing the cookies and cache resolves it, sorry about that. 

I'm also having this issue. I use Chrome btw. On some post I don't see my posted content after the </code> tag. I have to switch to HTML-view before posting.

Does clearing cache really help? I thought I did this already, will try again.