ML on a Asus Z87 Haswell Build

Gus93

59 posts in this topic

GOT IT UP AND RUNNING! So excited. I ended up using an installer that is still in the works from user Christ1111 (he is following this thread and SUPER AWESOME!) I'm not sure when he plans to release that to the masses, but I am currently in post-installation. Installing all the good {censored} that you need for a computer to run these days.

EDIT: I did end up using maverick and not ML

What did you change in your bios in order to get chameleon to load ? I'm facing the same problem on a DELUXE DUAL motherboard...

What did you change in your bios in order to get chameleon to load ? I'm facing the same problem on a DELUXE DUAL motherboard...

Saw your message in the other thread. Let's talk about this there.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I actually broke my install, wah wah wah... I have been working to get it back up and running (trying a new installer for kicks) and it's been a challenge. When I am successful I will do that!

• 2 weeks later...

I post to came back. Z87 Gryphon big problems, damn this thing is locked.

I bought a Asus GRYPHON Z87 ($129.00 @ MicroCenter) and a 4770k, no issues at all. The board does have the USB Flashback feature but who wants to keep {censored} with a modded bios anyway? With that said, if you use Clover and patch the AsusAICPUPM key in the config.plist there is no reason to mod the bios. Full PM works just fine, speedstep, wake, sleep, whatever... Works fine with both 10.8.5 and Mavericks DP4

Also: this is a Rocket-Ship little board, great build quality and a 5 warranty... Hmmm, wonder who keeps a board 5 years. LOL icon_lol.gif