ML on a Asus Z87 Haswell Build

Gus93

59 posts in this topic

So here's an update:

1. I still can't boot into OSX from anything but this flashdrive. If I try to boot my computer any other way it just stalls briefly before booting into my Windows HDD.

2. The clock speed is working properly, however, when I restart it resets the time the clock thinks that it is.

3. I don't have functional networking (bluetooth/wifi/ethernet)

if you have possibility to return on desktop, go to extra and change the theme by the one on the usb flash drive; after that try to boot

in your hdd and type this  flag

GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v -x 

I will try that, although at this point I believe that my extra folder is the one from the flashdrive entirely.

I also can't figurew out how to run those boot flags when I am booting directly from my hdd

Edit: I tried all of that with no results

Ok, here's what I did. I replaced all of that stuff. But I don't think we are talking about the same place to type flags. I can only get to a real boot loader when I choose the flashdrive as a boot device from the motherboard. If I choose the hdd that I have 10.9 on I get a black screen with a flashing cursor briefly before it says, "boot0: Done" which is referring to the drive that I have windows on, because it immediately boots into windows after that. Does that make sense?

Everything currently boots off of my actual HDD now!

I had to unmount my drive with osx on it and follow this:

4. Reboot system back into Maverikcs  installer.
5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on.
6. Launch Terminal and execute the following command:

Code:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

7. Exit Terminal
8. Reboot Normally

Tomorrow, I will spend some more time checking what is and isn't working. I've read something about a graphics thing where you test by seeing if there's a ripple somewhere? But, I can't remember what it was?... Does anyone know a test I can run to test if everything is running properly? 

I see in system profile that it thinks that my RAM is 1333, but I know that it's 1600, does this matter?

At also thinks that I am using a Xeon processor, does that matter?

Final note, it seems that the clock just doesn't run when the system is off. So when I boot back the clock is wherever it left off.

eternet //  sound  // now its a real os x Mavericks :thumbsup_anim:  :D

Hi:

It would be time to refresh how you were able to install and your post installation for the ones who would see this thread so that they can use it.

Thanks

Hahah! Yes I will be sure to post a summary of my install process soon! I will probably do so in a new thread, which I will link to from here. I am looking at this point for a bluetooth driver for the following: Broadcom: BCM2070

Tomorrow night I will be writing and posting a guide so that others can follow exactly how I got Mavericks installed on my rig. I apologize for the delay, life got very busy!

Hey Gus, does your mobo have thunderbolt ports, and if yes, do they work?

Hello Weekender, unfortunately for me it does not, that would be the next board up the z87-deluxe/dual, so I don't know if those ports will work or not.