ATI HD 7xxx works natively in MacOs Maverick DP1

VultUx

35 posts in this topic

Everything works fine (ie. audio, network) except I cant boot using my ATI 7870 Sapphire card! Only boots if I use my onboard gfx card (Intel HD 4000).

what can I do here? Help is greatly appreciated thank you!

here are my system specs. my bootloader is Chimera 2.2.1 (latest)

Intel Core i7 3770K CPU w/ Intel HD4000
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 2.70 bios patched
4x8Gb = 32GB RAM Kingston
OCZ 256Gb SSD

freezes during the booting process...

didnt have this problem with mountain lion

My card in 10.9 DP1 - DP6 works perfectly, but i have problems in stable 10.9 - my card is recognized as 7xxx and i have not full QE/CI

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

You need to choose the correct framebuffer for your model. For me it was Dashimaki and using miniDVI. Check this thread for more on how I got it working right: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292647-no-video-playback-on-hd7770/ 

Hey I installed Mavericks using this torrent:

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/9086005/OS_X_Mavericks_10.9_bootable_USB_for_Intel_PCs_%2813A603%29

Everything works fine (ie. audio, network) except I cant boot using my ATI 7870 Sapphire card! Only boots if I use my onboard gfx card (Intel HD 4000).

what can I do here? Help is greatly appreciated thank you!

here are my system specs. my bootloader is Chimera 2.2.1 (latest)

Intel Core i7 3770K CPU w/ Intel HD4000

Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 2.70 bios patched

4x8Gb = 32GB RAM Kingston

OCZ 256Gb SSD

freezes during the booting process...

didnt have this problem with mountain lion

Boot in safe mode and erase all the kexts from nVidia and Intel HD. Rebuild your caches and repair your permissions. That should do the trick.

Boot in safe mode and erase all the kexts from nVidia and Intel HD. Rebuild your caches and repair your permissions. That should do the trick.

how do i "Rebuild your caches and repair your permissions"? with kext utility or something? 

so i just leave all the ati kexts intact?

thx!

how do i "Rebuild your caches and repair your permissions"? with kext utility or something? 

so i just leave all the ati kexts intact?

thx!

I use Kext Utility. It repairs permissions and system caches on launch even if you're not going to install a kernel extension.

post-23401-0-96544900-1384432133_thumb.png

Im Using Clover.

Standard install. it recognizes the GPU, QE is working, but the performance is very poor.

How can i enter ati personality, Framebuffer, etc using Clover configurator?

Tks a zillion

I also use Clover. You can find that information on the thread that I pointed you to. If you're not into fiddling with text files you can use Clover Configurator. That's what I used in the beginning. But be aware that it's a process that takes it time, I've managed to get the card properly recognised after "many" attempts.

And if my posts we're useful please leave a like on them  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any experience w/ the Sapphire 100357LP Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card mDP/ DVI-I/ HDMI in Mavericks? Got very good reviews on Amazon and NewEgg.

My Optiplex 745 SFF (Small Form Factor) and a 27" mDP ACD are looking for a new low-profile mDP video card, and the 7750 is said to groove along just fine with the PSU. Now I'm wondering about Mavericks compatibility.