Building an OSx86 - Still using JaS 10.4.7 image

juragan

2 posts in this topic

I know it is expensive way to learn, but my spirit is still burning. Proofing that osx86 will run someday, somehow in my PC. I put the unusable parts like the Enlight PS 450Watt, ATI 9600 Pro AGP, Kingstone 2 GB PC-3200, and the Intel P4 HT 3.00 GHz into the parts box. Thinking that might be usefull for my daughter's to be PC.

Gather many information on the web, posting some questions in forum.insanelymac.com, downloading information related to 10.4.7 installation and preparing for the next installation.

Setting up my hardware based on the information at web. Here's my first setup:

Gigabyte 965P-DS3P

Intel core2duo (conroe) E6320

LAN Marvel 8056

Audio Realtek ALC888

ICH8R Southbridge

RAM: Patriot 2GB dual channel

Nvidia GeForce 7600GS

DVD Asus 1608P2S

Linksys WMP54GV2 (Broadcom)

HDD SATA Seagate 80 GB <- found in my parts box that used to back-up my G5 files

IBM PS/2 Keyboard

Logitech Optical Scroll Mouse

EIZO L557 17" LCD

I put the installation disk inside the optical drive and get ready to install. I follow the information on web and you know what ? Success! Work on the sound configuration, fixing the restart problem, and fix the LAN card. Still.... video configuration is not what I expected. Try many video driver installer, got no luck. Restarting, fresh install, working around on video configuration with burning spirit!

After the tired night ended up with black/gray screen thing, I stop. Gave up with the JaS 10.4.7 installer.

• 4 weeks later...