Plans for Colonels Paint 2.0

Colonel

4 posts in this topic

I've decided to lay out the plans for the future Colonels Paint 2.0. It should be a great improvement from 1.0.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Leopard Native

64-Bit Application

Saving as more formats such as .jpg, .png, and .bmp

Polygons and Archs

Time Machine access

Fonts, text sizes, and alignments

Possible, but not definate: Colonels Paint 2.0 for Win32

Possibly might be Intel only

That'll all I've been able to come up with so far. Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd like added in and I can see about incorporating that into Colonels Paint.

I already have 2.0a1 running stable on Leopard. I haven't added any of the new features yet, but that's my next step. :dev:

There's a flaw in that Colonel I think... and it applies to the hackintosh crowd.A lot of Hackintosh folks are not running 64bit capable CPU's. So if Colonel's Paint is compiled for 64bit, it will not run on these machines at all.32bit and 64bit side by side mean that 32bit code and 64bit code will both run for those using 64bit CPU's. To those running 32bit, apps need to be 32bit.Unless there is some sort of "fat" binary that I am unaware of that allows a single .app to contain both the 64 and 32bit versions (such as the universal ppc/intel binaries), however I have not seen such a thing.Windows XP 64bit Edition runs 64 and 32bit code side by side, but only if you have a 64bit CPU. 32bit CPU folks can't run anything compiled for 64bit.Is there something I am missing?