Mac programming - can anyone help (could be a paying job)

2 posts in this topic

I am not a programmer, so forgive my lack of technical wording.

We are in the middle of programming a beta and have come up with the following challenge.

- We are building a desktop application for Mac

- The application should run in fullscreen mode

- While staying in fullscreen mode AND from within the application we would like to open PowerPoint and other office docs. This will have via shortcuts to folders. THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE

- The issue is the following. We want our application to stay in fullscreen while e.g. PowerPoint opens on top of it (in normal mode or slideshow) WITHOUT our application exiting fullscreen mode

- We guess this is not an easy task because the operating system automatically exists one applications fullscreen mode the moment another application opens/becomes active

- If this is completely impossible are there other options to fake it? E.g. menu bar and dock hiding (getting moved to the side (up/down))

- Basically, the aim is to stay in our "universe" (=not having menu bars, etc. interfering) while being able to see the content of an office document.

Any ideas to how this could be solved? Could be a paying job if you have the solution and convince us you are the guy for the job :)

• 3 months later...

OK... If you're not a programmer, it'll be interesting. Xcode 3 was more geared towards helping non-developers, Xcode4 went the other way and was relentless. 

1) In terms of full screen mode, you can't do that as of yet. Full-screen mode on any application dominates the screen rendering any other application as a background application. The way it does this is that Full Screen has it's own 'Space' i.e. it's own desktop in layman terms. When you enter into full screen, the screen slides over (as if you were switching space), and it's either that app or nothing. If you +⇥ (CMD+Tab) it'll slide back to the primary desktop, where your others apps are living.

Could you explain a little more as to what you're trying to achieve?