Unknow CPU

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I am upgrading the hardware of my mackintosh, the same that you are seeing on my signature with the follow configuration

CPU: i7 3770

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.1

Graphics Card: Asus nVidia GeForce GTX 650 1 Gb DDR5

Mac OS X: 10.8.3

Without DSDT

Model Identifier iMac 13,2

All works very well, even the sleep feature and the dual monitor but I get 2 warnings when the OS is loading

The first warning is about the cpu "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a"

I tried change the model identifier using all the configurations with Ivy Bridge system available but I had not luck

I tried use various kernel flags on the org.chameleon.boot.plist as npci=0x2000 o 3000 but I had not luck

I did various fresh installations using different bootloaders but i had not luck

Perhaps may I attempt with the kext NullCPUPowerManagement?

'

The second warning is about the sound "Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360"

I dont know that make here but the sound works ok

Ideas?

Greetings

Both are considered "normal" warnings and can safely be ignored.

However, as you got an Ivy Bridge CPU, you should switch to another power management plugin: search for a script named ssdtPRGen.sh. Running the system with the produced SSDT will show a different warning affecting the "ring table" that can also be ignored.

• Like 1

Thanks by the replies

I was reading about the ssdtPRGen.sh and found a script with the code updated for Ivy Bridge systems, and I had a few troubles for get the script working ... finally i decided uninstall the script and read more carefully all topic and try later with other hackintosh .. now I need my hack for work

About Clover, i had not luck

Greetings

This is its official site where you will always get the newest version: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/RevoBoot/blob/clang/i386/libsaio/acpi/Tools/ssdtPRGen.sh

You don't need to install it, you just start it without any arguments and it shows you the process, hopefully including error messages.

I don't know your exact configuration; it is possible that currently your CPU does not use its turbo modes. Besides, you should switch to the Ivy Bridge power management anyway.

Regarding

Both are considered "normal" warnings and can safely be ignored.

However, as you got an Ivy Bridge CPU, you should switch to another power management plugin: search for a script named ssdtPRGen.sh. Running the system with the produced SSDT will show a different warning affecting the "ring table" that can also be ignored.

Can I use this script while having a patched DSDT file in Extra, or should I remove my DSDT while patching SSDT with this script?

Also, does it requires any special bootloader parameters in order to work properly, like DropSSDT or disabling/enabling P-States and C-States?

Can I use this script while having a patched DSDT file in Extra, or should I remove my DSDT while patching SSDT with this script?

Also, does it requires any special bootloader parameters in order to work properly, like DropSSDT or disabling/enabling P-States and C-States?

It depends on whether your DSDT/SSDTs contain the definitions APSS and ACST. If they do, the definitions must be removed or the table dropped.

Otherwise, which is the common case, you can use the new SSDT without dropping your OEM SSDTs. Make sure to disable the state generation as they are in the new SSDT.