New Nvidia Driver

34 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to activate ECC? Thanks! :)

U need to buy one of quadro cards.

"THE REVOLUTIONARY QUADRO GPU ARCHITECTURE

Modern applications harness the latest NVIDIA® CUDA™ parallel processing architecture of Quadro GPUs to deliver performance gains up to 8x faster when running computationally intensive applications such as ray tracing, video processing and computational fluid dynamics. For high-precision, data-sensitive applications, Quadro is the only professional graphics solution with ECC memory and fast double precision capabilities to ensure the accuracy and fidelity of your results. From medical imaging to structural analysis applications, data integrity and precision is assured, without sacrificing performance."

...still, for the nvidia web drivers(10.8.3) to work in (10.8.4) just do it yourself http://www.insanelym...20#entry1920396 ....it's the hackymac way :smoke:

Yes, this should be enough. But for some reason I get dependencies errors/messages when rebuilding the kernel cache. That is why I edited the kexts so the error messages are gone, and kernel cache can be created without issues. :)

um im using 10.8.3 still do i use same method above?

You can or wait for nVidia to release their new drivers for 10.8.4.

U need to buy one of quadro cards.

"THE REVOLUTIONARY QUADRO GPU ARCHITECTURE

Modern applications harness the latest NVIDIA® CUDA™ parallel processing architecture of Quadro GPUs to deliver performance gains up to 8x faster when running computationally intensive applications such as ray tracing, video processing and computational fluid dynamics. For high-precision, data-sensitive applications, Quadro is the only professional graphics solution with ECC memory and fast double precision capabilities to ensure the accuracy and fidelity of your results. From medical imaging to structural analysis applications, data integrity and precision is assured, without sacrificing performance."

OK thanks. :D

Better not do any gaming again, I don't think the cards are optimized for that. :(

• 5 months later...