Instant Reboot with Dual Kepler Cards in 10.8.3

maleorderbride

12 posts in this topic

I am attempting to get my fresh install of 10.8.3 with two GTX 660 Ti's up and running. It boot just fine with a single card, but instantly restarts after selecting the partition to boot from in Chameleon (2187).

DSDT=No, npci=0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=Yes have been tried so far.

This is my new system and is not in my sig. It is:

P9X79 WS

i7-3930K

2x GTX 660 Ti 2GB

My default org.Chameleon.Boot.plist with which I can boot a single GTX 660 Ti is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000 busratio=43</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>No</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Will try newer version of Chameleon, Chimera, and Clover next.

My guess is that just like with most dual Nvidia systems I need some way to set parent/child and that information is not being auto-detected by the OS. Since the the usual injection via GE=Yes or DSDT result in a white screen at boot I am assuming that I cannot set this information via DSDT.

Has anyone gotten one of these systems working yet?

P.S. I have the same problems with two GT 610's, but not with a GT 610+GTX 650. Presumably since one is Kepler and the other is not there is no problem?

I thought this was solved, but it is not.

AppleHDA, both the interim ALC898 from Toleda and Rampage Dev's (seems to be the same?) cause the instant reboot when used in conjunction with 2x 6xx series cards in 10.8.2 or 10.8.3.

Since X79's do not have working audio using a 10.8 AppleHDA I seem to be stuck atm.

Anyone else run into this before?

Onboard audio works with the AppleHDA on my DMG. You go off the reservation and try something else it will not work. This has nothing to do with the GPU.

Onboard audio does work with the AppleHDA on your DMG.

However, using your AppleHDA and your DMG one will get an instant reboot with 2x GTX 600 Ti's. I will double-check again with a fresh install again.

• 5 weeks later...

I am curious if you were successful in booting with both cards and if you have achieved full acceleration from them? I have had a single gtx660 ti for about a week now and it is fully functional and screams through after effects compared to my old gtx 285. I would be very willing to fork out the cash for another 660ti if they turned out to play nice with themselves in 10.8.4 and adobe. Please post if you have had success in booting both cards, it would be great if they could both be utilized by after effects without problems.