10.6 Post Install Kernel Panic

4 posts in this topic

I have been installing different versions of iAtkos versions on different machines, most of the time, I have very little problem. But with this computer, I keep getting this Kernel Panic no matter what I try... I am so clueless on how to solve it, can anyone help?

The Specs for the PC are as follows

Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.0 Ghz

Nvidia Geforce GT 610

Intel G33 Chipset

250 GB Segate HDD.

3GB DDR2 RAM

If you need anymore information that I havn't provided, the model of the desktop is a Gateway DX441S Desktop Computer

post-630449-0-67216300-1366158764_thumb.jpg

GPU is not supported in SL.

Please do a retail install as the issue you are seeing is due to a modded kexts in the non retail install method you are currently trying. In my opinion non retail installs are the worst thing you can do as they are unstable due to the heavy amount of kexts that are modded and you have no idea what they did.

And i'll add: you can install Mountain Lion on your machine, so you'll have full support for your card. Unfortunately, though, you'll have to use a custom kernel, the same as AMD users must. Take a look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page__st__980#entry1907913

Good luck!

P.S.: and do what Rampage said: buy the system! Man, it's the price of two Big Mac combos: don't you dare to say you cannot afford it. :P

• Like 1

And i'll add: you can install Mountain Lion on your machine, so you'll have full support for your card. Unfortunately, though, you'll have to use a custom kernel, the same as AMD users must. Take a look here: http://www.insanelym...80#entry1907913

Good luck!

P.S.: and do what Rampage said: buy the system! Man, it's the price of two Big Mac combos: don't you dare to say you cannot afford it. :P

The 10.8 idea worked... Thank you so much!

• Like 1