Bootcache errors, and disk error?

BackSheep

8 posts in this topic

I'm getting the following errors when the Lion 10.7.2 installation is loading up with verbose:

using 64-bit bootcache playlist

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

BUg: launchctl.c:2408 (24957):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x06, ASC = 0x29, ASCQ = 0x00

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, SENSE_KEY = 0x03, ASC = 0x11, ASCQ = 0x05

disk1s3: I/O error,

yukon: Ethernet address 00:16:e6:02:15:9d

Ethernet [AppleYukon2]: Link up on en0, 100-Megabit, Full-duplex, No flow-control, Debug [796d,6d00,0de1,0200,41e1,4000]

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2

disk1s3: I/O error

The installation loads up eventually, and seems to install alright - but I'm concerned the errors might cause me problems.

I installed Lion 10.7.2 on the same machine, just with a different IDE harddrive, only days ago. For some reason after a short while of the machine being powered on it would create some strange problems:

• No internet on Safari and Chrome - pages would load a white page, and sometimes say there's no connectivity, even though Network in System Preferences still said it was connected.
  • Chrome would sometimes just close instantly upon loading too.
  • I'd receive a -50 error when I attempted to copy/move/delete/download files.
  • Upon reboot after this happened, sometimes it would just load a white/greyish screen, with the cursor - I could move the cursor, too. (This is after the Apple logo loading screen)

I've just reinstalled on a different IDE harddrive and it's given me the same errors - however it has installed, I'm writing this post on it. I haven't received any of the symptoms I'd received before but I'm concerned the errors could still be a problem.

Could anyone shed any light as to what the errors mean, and if necessary, how to fix them?

On another thread Rogiervd suggested it could be because I burned the DVD at a high burn rate. I burned the DVD, as far as I'm aware, at the slowest my drive could burn at - the software I used would use a minimum of 3x. I burned three different DVD's for it.

u install have problems.. this are reading error in the image...

Do you mean similar to what I posted above? It's the DVD/image that's causing the error?

Good way-Create bootable usb stik from Lion 10.7.xx.dmg(Golden Master is good way to use)

And you have full access to system(USBstik)its diferent from DVD :wink2:

Good way-Create bootable usb stik from Lion 10.7.xx.dmg(Golden Master is good way to use)

And you have full access to system(USBstik)its diferent from DVD :wink2:

I tried creating a bootable USB install of Lion before but my motherboard doesn't like booting from USB sticks - I even tried updating the BIOS but it was impossible (for me). Which is why I reverted to DVD's.

The system seems to be running a lot better than the old installation was. The only problem I have is my HDMI port on my graphics (Nvidia GT520) and my PS/2 keyboard needs to be unplugged and plugged back in each time I boot - which is no doubt just a kext issue.

Need to be fix Bios setings:

Integrated Peripherals:

On Chip SATA Mode [Auto]

USB Storage Function [Enabled]

Power Management Setup:

HPET Support [Enabled]

HPET Mode [64-bit mode]

Also,never use -Load Optimized Defaults(its wrong way)

You need to configure BIOS setings first :thumbsup_anim:

And remember-Your HDD is OK

Integrated Peripherals:

On Chip SATA Mode [Auto]

USB Storage Function [Enabled]

Power Management Setup:

HPET Support [Enabled]

HPET Mode [64-bit mode]

I had all these BIOS settings set (thanks for confirming them as I thought I was going crazy). I'd done some 'Googling' too on the matter and there are others with the same motherboard, and similar makes, with the same USB issue.

is well know when u burn a bootable dvd of a operation system install

always burn with a good burner at lowest speed u can in a quality media...

I burned the media at x3 (the lowest it allowed me).

Fortunately, after re-installing, the errors have disappeared. So you're all correct in saying it's the DVD (not that there was any doubt), but it doesn't seem to have affected my installation. :)