HD 7xxx not working yet Dual Graphics

pmmc

33 posts in this topic

The 0x99901002 is a 7xxx series card, Lombok probably ---> this is your integrated card, the 7520G!

The 0x68401002 is a rebranded 6xxx series card --> this is your discrete card, the 7670M, which is the one you should use!

Your task is to disable the first, the 7520G, to use the second, the 7670M. Your problem is your BIOS won't let you. So plan B is to create a working kext for the first, the 7520G, because the second is already being recognized, so is the first not being recognized that is preventing QE/CI to work.

The hardware method could work if you can connect the monitor wires/cables to the discrete card - the 7670M! - since they probably come connected to the integrated card - the 7520G. The problem is to locate the correct cables and being actually able to connect to the 7670M. The result would be black screen until the system boots to the desktop, when the 6xxx kext would theoretically kick in and make your computer alive again. That's why i asked you to connect an external monitor to the VGA/HDMI output: they probably belong to the second card, not the first. But wh knows? Perhaps it wouldn't work anyway because crossfire is enable in BIOS by default and you can disable. If it's the case, there's no hope at all until you find a way to mod your BIOS.

All the best!

P.S.: if you're not shy, try to unlock your own BIOS: http://www.tempusfugit.ca/techwatch.ca/insyde_easy.html

P.S.: since it's a inside H2O, did you try pressing F10 and soon afterwards pressing "A" (won't work if you set up a BIOS password, but i know you didn't set it up, because using a BIOS password is amongst the stupidest things someone can do with his/her computer, hehe).

The 0x99901002 is a 7xxx series card, Lombok probably ---> this is your integrated card, the 7520G!

The 0x68401002 is a rebranded 6xxx series card --> this is your discrete card, the 7670M, which is the one you should use!

Your task is to disable the first, the 7520G, to use the second, the 7670M. Your problem is your BIOS won't let you. So plan B is to create a working kext for the first, the 7520G, because the second is already being recognized, so is the first not being recognized that is preventing QE/CI to work.

The hardware method could work if you can connect the monitor wires/cables to the discrete card - the 7670M! - since they probably come connected to the integrated card - the 7520G. The problem is to locate the correct cables and being actually able to connect to the 7670M. The result would be black screen until the system boots to the desktop, when the 6xxx kext would theoretically kick in and make your computer alive again. That's why i asked you to connect an external monitor to the VGA/HDMI output: they probably belong to the second card, not the first. But wh knows? Perhaps it wouldn't work anyway because crossfire is enable in BIOS by default and you can disable. If it's the case, there's no hope at all until you find a way to mod your BIOS.

All the best!

P.S.: if you're not shy, try to unlock your own BIOS: http://www.tempusfug...nsyde_easy.html

P.S.: since it's a inside H2O, did you try pressing F10 and soon afterwards pressing "A" (won't work if you set up a BIOS password, but i know you didn't set it up, because using a BIOS password is amongst the stupidest things someone can do with his/her computer, hehe).

Will try that later ;)

And I didnt knew about that "A" option :P will try it later as soon as I finish installing Windows on it ;b

EDIT: The "A" thing didnt do anything.. and that method doesnt work..going to try my luck at another forum..

Edited by pmmc

Good luck! Please let us know if you succeeded.

Isnt there any kext that disables one Graphics card? bahh..

EDIT: FOUND SOMETHING THAT COULD DO THE JOB..but needs "modding" : http://gfx.io/

Cuz it didnt work at first :/

EDIT2: Modding this Bios is out of the list..Impossibru! xD will brick the mobo ..they are RSA Signed.

EDIT3: Acoording to this: http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7520G.71728.0.html it is also an HD 6900 series..is that good news ? :P

Edited by pmmc

I want to choose a graphics card that works great with ML and does not take too much effort to configure, in the price range of 80-90EUR what can I get, preferably ATI...

It's for a Z77 mobo with i5-3570k.

Thanks

OFF TOPIC.. .--

• 2 weeks later...