Cannot install nor Chameleon nor Clover bootloader

uber_user

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, the problem is i cannot install any bootloader Chameleon is not working on my hdd because of 4k sector, and the Clover (i'm interested in using it as bootloader) the strange thing is when i try to install it using the installer both in unpack mode and UEFI-bios it is installed in the system root "/" and not in the EFI partition of my mac os x lion, same thing ( i don't remember correctly, because it was on the previous installation) goes for chameleon. I don't really understand why this is happening and will other problems occur because of this?

So my components are:

• Motherboard - ga-z77-ds3h rev 1.1
  • BIOS - F8 (Sata mode - AHCI; Intel VT - disabled)
  • CPU - inter core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge
  • RAM - Kingston, KVR16N11/8
  • HDD - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 (Bytes per sector 4096)
  • My partition scheme is GUID, filesystem hfs+
  • OS - Mountain Lion 10.8.3 (installed making usb stick from installESD.img and tryied 3rd party usb installer with Chameleon 2.*)
  • Clover bootloader clover installer - tried 2 versions of binaries Clover_v2_r971_pkg and Clover_v2_r1193 from sourceforge

Here is my "diskutil list" output:

/dev/disk0

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0

1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 499.8 GB disk0s2

So my questions are: what may cause this problem occur? how to track it? And how to fix it?

I don't know what other info may be useful to track the problem.

Thank you for your attention and any help excuse me for my english.

Deleted 3 other duplicate topics. 1 only please! You are aware Clover creates a "folder" called "EFI" at the root of your drive called /EFI which is what it's supposed to do? This contains all the config files so they are in a location you can access and edit them as needed and is separate from the actual boot files

eep357, excuse me for duplicates my chrome buged out and i pressed "create topic" multiple times sorry for this. So it is ok that EFI folder created in the root filesystem? and i manually must move it to disk0s1 in order to get UEFI: my hdd working? o.0 Slice said that something went wrong and the installer must place all neccesary file and folders into my EFI partiton something went wrong and he can't help me because i didn't provide him information to find out what it is wrong ( i just don't know what other info).