Help! Trying Install Mac OS X 10.6 on Foxconn Napa Motherboard

S@Z!

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install mac os x SL on Foxconn Napa. It has no Sata control mode changer.

And most of the distros end in a Still waiting for root device error. My PC is a branded HP Pavilion a6540in :wallbash:.

And only the graphics is upgraded :thumbsup_anim: .

I am providing the motherboards complete details :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01357119

System Specs :

Core 2 Duo e4700

2GB DDR2 @ 800Mhz

Nvidia GTX 460 1GB

Foxconn Napa Motherboard

Please help me to install Mac os x on system.

It can be a distro or retail. Please help :help: .

Put this file in System/Library/Extensions and boot the installer again with -f -v

Once installed you will need to put the file on your HDD in the same folder and repair permissions with Disk Utility

AppleNForceATA.kext.zip

I tried Iaktos s3 v2 and i think it has that kext integrated. I'll try the boot flags and will report soon.

Thanks for the reply.

Thank you very much :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: ....finally now it boots, but I dint install as I didnt backup my data. ( I was trying for it for half a year or so..).But the keyboard and mouse not working (both PS2)..I can control with usb mouse but my keyboard doesnt work. Are you sure that after install I can make my keyboard work..? And also will I need to use the -f and -v bootflags whenever I boot ?? :unsure:

Please Reply

• 2 weeks later...

Try adding USBLegacyOff=Yes to the boot flags to enable your keyboard. You shouldn't have to enter it every time. You can add most stuff to the boot config.

Hlo my after using USB Legacy boot flag iaktos doesnt boot. Anyway can u give me nforceata kext for lion i cant boot iaktos l2 :) please help

Hlo my after using USB Legacy boot flag iaktos doesnt boot. Anyway can u give me nforceata kext for lion i cant boot iaktos l2 :) please help

Use the same kext as before. Thats the one i took from my system running Snow, Lion and ML with that file.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: ....finally now it boots, but I dint install as I didnt backup my data. ( I was trying for it for half a year or so..).But the keyboard and mouse not working (both PS2)..I can control with usb mouse but my keyboard doesnt work. Are you sure that after install I can make my keyboard work..? And also will I need to use the -f and -v bootflags whenever I boot ?? :unsure:

Please Reply

Have you installed the following kexts in /System/Library/Extensions

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

ApplePS2Mouse.kext

and reset kext ownership and permissions:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

64bit versions of these kexts and AppleNForceATA.kext etc. are available in my verdant_Mountain_LIon_Support_Files_v1.0 from

here.....

• Like 1

Have you installed the following kexts in /System/Library/Extensions

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

ApplePS2Mouse.kext

and reset kext ownership and permissions:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -v 1 -t -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

64bit versions of these kexts and AppleNForceATA.kext etc. are available in my verdant_Mountain_LIon_Support_Files_v1.0 from here.....

Thank You will try that one !

• 2 weeks later...