Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

5 posts in this topic

How do i check what is preventing sleep by terminal?

It has to be a process, DSDT and kexts are fine, fresh install.

Had this problem before, edited DSDT until i went insane, was the Boom application -_-

Simply forgot how to check it, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

hi :)

Try this. It might work for you.

• Go to Utilities in the Applications folder and open the "Terminal" app.
  • Type "pmset -g" without the quotes and hit enter.
  • If "sleep" has 0 next to it and the words "imposed by" ; The number next to the imposed by is the process ID causing the problem. Write that number down.
  • Type "ps -e" and hit enter. This will list all running processes.
  • Find the process imposing on the sleep mode and take appropriate action.

more info here

Yeah, missed that sorry.

Closed all non default applications, even removed the dvd, i normally don't have any in the drive.

Setting 0 to 1 did not work, do not even know if that would be the right command.

pmset -g assertions gives nothing, perhaps i do need to look in to the dsdt again. Just don't get it, it worked before the new installation, and nothing in the kexts/dsdt has changed since then -_-

Btw, pmset -g assertions, was what i was looking for, thanks for the "push in the right direction" :D

I'll close this topic, question has been answered.

I'm an idiot, perhaps i should delete my kernel cache, damn....