slow boot ml 10.8.2

dio123

7 posts in this topic

Good afternoon,

The 17 seconds from video:

On my pc this gray screen with cursor is about 13 seconds. I thought it was the parallels and have so many programs.

I installed the new mount lion 10.8, after the kexts + chamaleon and extra folder.

Without installing anything, did the 10.8.2 combo updates.

But the problem turned gray screen appears.

I took a google search but I can not figure out how to resolve or what the cause is.

Anyone have any idea what it is.

thank you

Hello,

Can you provide us some information about your system?

Also, did you only install the 10.8.2 update, or also the updates after that? I noticed on my own system, the update 2.0 for Macbook Pro models 2012 reduces performance by 75%, could be system specific.

Boot with -v, and note any error that appears, or take a photo of it and attach it to the post.

Motherboad: ASUS P5P43TD PRO C2Q Q9400 Memory:2x gskill DDR3 2GB 1666Mhz 7-8-7-24

HD: SATA II SAMSUNG f3 500GB / Realtek Audio: ACL887

Graphics: Saphire ATI 5770 1Gb DDR5 / Keyboard e Mouse: Generic USB

DUALBOOT = mount lion 10.8.1 with windows 8

my pc is detected as a Mac Pro 3.1

Already when I installed 10.8.1 boot slowed and then with 10.8.2 was even slower.

Errors during boot and not have to do with-v I see nothing relevant.

it is possible to see what appears on-v without having to take pictures.

I enabled UseKernelCaches = Yes and then repairPermissions rebuildcaches with KextWizard

Improved 2 or 3 seconds, at this time it takes 32 seconds.

changed the SMBIOS for mac pro 5.1 but gave error "AGPM Contoller unknownPlatForm"

changed the SMBIOS for mac pro 5.1 but gave error "AGPM Contoller unknownPlatForm"

This is normal, AGPM not available on MacPro 3,1, and on MacPro 5,1 it only applies for a couple Nvidia cards. Not an "error". You can look in console.app for any more info, but "looking" for problems can be dangerous and only lead to real problems. Many things that will seem like errors are perfectly normal, but trying to "fix" them may end badly. But really, 32sec? Where is the problem? This is not slow and you can't compare your hackintosh to MacBook Air down to a few seconds of boot time. Remember it doesn't need another bootloader to be in the middle and is a "real mac" for a reason. If using Chameleon, disabling it's GUI and using basic text one instead will shave a few seconds off boot time in most cases.

If this "HD: SATA II SAMSUNG f3 500GB" is hard drive installed on, you should be very happy with those boot times! Your comparing to SSD....on real mac.

• Like 1