Hello, Alienware M17x R3 Graphic Cards are unable to Work!

tobathaa

5 posts in this topic

I got a major issue here which has been bugging me for like a month. it's killing me.

Pls check out my attached System Info.

The problem is, no matter what kind of solutions i used via Google, it just won't work, neither of my Graphic cards is working, the resolution stuck at 1024 x 768 forever. i tried intel HD 3000 graphics drivers, manually change Dev ID within the info.plist and all, totally in vain.

Would sb pls enlighten me here ? Many thanks.

My laptop is Alienware M17x R3, it's under my signature here, u could check it out~

post-1124623-0-30268100-1359788926_thumb.png

Hi

and welcome on InsanelyMac :)

at first , pls read forum rule and posting guidelines

Your topic does not deserve any more attention than others seeking help

hence topic titles must reflect their content, and topic titles containing things like: 'please help' 'look here' 'cash reward' 'urgent' or other inaccurate descriptions will be removed. This includes all-caps titles.

Please remember that you are in a public forum, a

bit of courtesy is always welcome

. It's always nice to start by saying "Hi" or "Hello" before asking a question or seeking help.

Good luck! ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The reason the Dedicated GPU will not work is because of the switching method of our machines. The only way to use the Dedicated GPU is by disabling the Intel 3000, but it would not allow you to use the internal screen.

Basically the dedicated GPU works by routing through the intel 3000, OSX does not recognise this switching method, and as such graphics switching will not work at all.