DSDT for Lenovo IdeaPad N581

rokotiili

4 posts in this topic

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am new to DSDT, have been reading up, but due to spending a week making my Mountain Lion work on my PC as good as it does now, I thought better double check before messing it all up by doing something wrong with the DSDT while trying to make my Intel HD 3000 graphics load up with QE/CI.

Here are my laptop specs:

Lenovo IdeaPad N581

Motherboard Chipset: Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Sandy Bridge

CPU: Intel Core i3-2328M @ 2.20ghz (cores 2)

Memory: 8GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (0116)

Audio: Conexant Cx20590 @ Intel Panther Point PCH

WLAN: Broadcom 802.11n

OS: Dual Boot with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (installed from iATKOS ML2) on the same disk, on different partitions.

So far I managed to make everything work (except for QE/CI on the HD 3000 and haven't even bothered trying WLAN which I don't mind anyway).

I have come to a point that only last resort to try make it enable the QE/CI is a custom DSDT patch. So far my ML boots perfectly without any special flags, with sound, full resolution + the HD 3000 finds that it has 512mb.... But QE/CI is still not enabled, even when booting GraphicsEnabler=Yes -> so I can't make Final Cut Pro work, which is the only reason I am installing OS X.

Researching this and other forums, I have come to the conclusion that the last chance I have at sorting out the QE/CI is this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282045-hd3000-full-acceleration-for-108/#entry1856893

However, I haven't got any experience with DSDT so far, so thought to ask help here first before messing up the DSDT and having to start from scratch with the whole setting up Mountain Lion (took a week to make it to this point I am now hehe).

Sooo, what should I do in order to be able to do this DSDT patch above ^^^? I have downloaded the DSDT editor and tried to follow the instructions here: http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/03/make-dsdt-with-dsdt-editor.html. But I can't proceed further at the stage of "You can download a patch for your specific motherboard from olarila.com", as the patches list at olarila.com doesn't have anything for my Lenovo's motherboard (the HM76).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there are any files I need to provide or any other information, sorry this is my first post here ;)

Thank you.

Hi and welcome first of all,

you can freely test and edit your DSDT. If anything goes wrong, you can tell the bootloader not to load it. A reinstall is not necessary in this case. I guess you are using Chameleon, so the required flag is: "DSDT=".

olarila can't possibly cover all mainboard models. Continue with the guide and just do the modification required for QE/CI.

If you got any more questions, just post again.

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I am new to DSDT, have been reading up, but due to spending a week making my Mountain Lion work on my PC as good as it does now, I thought better double check before messing it all up by doing something wrong with the DSDT while trying to make my Intel HD 3000 graphics load up with QE/CI.

Here are my laptop specs:

Lenovo IdeaPad N581

Motherboard Chipset: Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Sandy Bridge

CPU: Intel Core i3-2328M @ 2.20ghz (cores 2)

Memory: 8GB DDR3-1600 SDRAM

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (0116)

Audio: Conexant Cx20590 @ Intel Panther Point PCH

WLAN: Broadcom 802.11n

OS: Dual Boot with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (installed from iATKOS ML2) on the same disk, on different partitions.

So far I managed to make everything work (except for QE/CI on the HD 3000 and haven't even bothered trying WLAN which I don't mind anyway).

I have come to a point that only last resort to try make it enable the QE/CI is a custom DSDT patch. So far my ML boots perfectly without any special flags, with sound, full resolution + the HD 3000 finds that it has 512mb.... But QE/CI is still not enabled, even when booting GraphicsEnabler=Yes -> so I can't make Final Cut Pro work, which is the only reason I am installing OS X.

Researching this and other forums, I have come to the conclusion that the last chance I have at sorting out the QE/CI is this:

http://www.insanelym...8/#entry1856893

However, I haven't got any experience with DSDT so far, so thought to ask help here first before messing up the DSDT and having to start from scratch with the whole setting up Mountain Lion (took a week to make it to this point I am now hehe).

Sooo, what should I do in order to be able to do this DSDT patch above ^^^? I have downloaded the DSDT editor and tried to follow the instructions here: http://www.macbreake...sdt-editor.html. But I can't proceed further at the stage of "You can download a patch for your specific motherboard from olarila.com", as the patches list at olarila.com doesn't have anything for my Lenovo's motherboard (the HM76).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there are any files I need to provide or any other information, sorry this is my first post here ;)

Thank you.

Plaese post an ioreg of your system. Perhaps I can help you.

Thanks for the replies guys! Much appreciated.

Plaese post an ioreg of your system. Perhaps I can help you.

OK! Attached below, please let me know if there is anything else / other required information that I could provide.

PS.http://www.insanelym...20#entry1883725 did not work out unfortunately.

Will try sorting out the DSDT now and modding it and see if that would work out.

EDIT: attachment don't seem to work somehow, but here it is uploaded:

http://roko.robotfreq.com/temp/ioreg.txt