Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
ASUS N56VB (HM76)] Sierra (10.12.6) and High Sierra (10.13.2) working with full hotpach (No DSDT Patching Needed)By lukss12
Well I've past last days reading, understanding and trying to implement all the things mentioned in the guides from different forums, mainly the ones written by RehabMan. This is my first Hackintosh experience and I'm pretty happy with the results I got. Software and modifications developed by the people in the scene is awesome. I get a full hotpatch system for my N56VB Working: Audio: VoodooHDA 2.9.0d10 + AppleHDADisabler by Slice, Zenith432
Graphics (HD4000): Clovers’s HD4000 config by RehabMan with GFX0 to IGPU rename
Trackpad: ApplePS2SmartTouchpad 4.7 beta 5 by EMlyDinEsH and PrefPane (Scripts by Masterscript, Kexts and Daemons by Rehabman)
Wifi: IO80211Family kext with patched AirPort.Atheros40 by chunnann. NOTE: Some mixed bgn routers don’t work
EthernetLAN: AtherosE2200Ethernet kext by Mieze
BackLigth: Implemented using new RehabMan guide for Sierra 10.12.4+ (PNLF hot patch (SSDT-PNLF.aml) into Clover’s ACPI folder + BacklightInjector kext + patch for AppleBacklight in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch)
Battery Stats: Fixed using custom SSDT-BATTERY.aml made by me porting DSDT patch from RehabMan's repo to a SSDT approach. This depends in some Clover's renames in original DSDT (added in config.plist):
Rename ECOR to XCOR
Rename SMBX to XMBX
Rename SMB2 to XMB2
Rename BIFA to XIFA
Rename _BIX to XBIX
Rename Method SMBR to XMBR but not method calls
Rename Method SMBW to XMBW but not method calls
Rename Method ECSB to XCSB but not method calls
Rename Method TACH to XACH but not method calls
Internal 2.0 HUB (USB Webcam and USB Bluetooth) need USBInjectAll Kext by RehabMan with custom SSDT-UIAC.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched and renaming EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 (Clover Rename Patch)
USB 3.0 Port: Work with native Apple drivers by renming XHC1 to XH01 and XHCI to XHC_ in DSDT (Clover Rename Patch)
SMBUS: Inject the missing DVL0 device using SSDT-SMBUS.dsl hotpatch from RehabMan's repo
Power Managment: Use SSDT-PM.aml generated with ssdtPRGen.sh by Piker-Alpha following RehabMan's native PM guide. Also enable AppleIntelCPUPM=true and KernelLapic=true
NOTE: Recomended to run these to disable hibernation and prevent problems (RehabMan's reccomendation)
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0 Internal Fan Speed: Use SSDT-FAN.aml compiled from original black.dragon74's file
Hotpatch Config SSDT: SSDT-Config.aml
Keyboard Fn Keys: Use ACPIKeyboar kext by RehabMan's with my custom SSDT-RMKB.aml (and rename patches for CLover) configured to delegate keypresses to ELAN's PS/2 driver by EMlyDinEsH
List of Special Keys and state: Fn + F1 Sleep: EC _Q0A - Disabled because bad functioning Fn + F2 Wireless: EC _Q0B - Not in AppleKeyboard Fn + F3: EC _Q0C - Undefined Fn + F4: EC _Q0D - Undefined Fn + F5 Brigth Down: EC _Q0E Fn + F6 Brigth Up: EC _Q0F Fn + F7 Screen Off/On: EC _Q10 - Not patched working properly with ELAN driver Fn + F8 Video Mirror: EC _Q11 Fn + F9 TrackPad On/Off: EC _Q12 - Not in AppleKeyboard Fn + Arrow Left(Media Previous): EC _Q6C Fn + Arrow Right(Media Next): EC _Q6D Fn + Arrow Up(Media Stop): EC _Q6E - Not in AppleKeyboard Fn + Arrow Down(Media Pause/Play): EC _Q6F Fn + Space Bar: EC _Q71 - Not in AppleKeyboard Fn + C Letter: EC _Q72 - Not in AppleKeyboard Fn + V Letter(Camera): EC _Q74 - Not in AppleKeyboard Fn + Numpad's Intro(Calc): EC _Q77 - Not in AppleKeyboard Left Assignable Button Button: EC _QEC - Assigned to MUTE Not Working: Bluetooth: There is no kext for our chip version (MacOS will recognize it but you will never get to use it -our chip needs certain FW download that is not implemesnted in kexts-) Thank you so much for bringing me the tools to use MacOS in my laptop. I'm uploading my CLOVER folder with all the SSDTs needed and proper config.plist
(I don't know if I can upload kexts from others devs here so you can get all the kexts mentioned from their developers repos) (Forgive my english, it's not my native language and I may make a lot of errors when writting)
EDIT: I'm uploading DSL files made by me (I'm not uploading DSL files made by other devs or decompiled from .aml generated by tools like ssdtPRGen.sh because it may offend someone)
Run Vanilla OS X El Capitan, Sierra or High Sierra in VirtualBox 5.0.34 on a Windows Host
Following on from my previous guide on how to create a VMware virtual machine running Vanilla OS X El Capitan in Windows, I’ve decided to write a similar guide for creating a VirtualBox El Capitan VM.
The virtual machine should be useful for testing El Capitan and also for creating installers for use on a real machine/hackintosh.
There are other tutorials and videos on the net about running OS X on Windows machines using pre-made VMDK disk images but you can never guarantee what else is in there….
I’ve gathered info for this guide from several threads in the Multibooting and Virtualisation section of this forum and also the wider internet eg
@colt2 HOW TO: Create a bootable El Capitan ISO for VMware
@dsmccombs comment on faking Ivybridge Processor
@Tech Reviews video tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7X07U63lwg.
VirtualBox Forum: Status of OSX on OSX
Intel PC with four or more CPU cores running Windows 7 X64 or later OS (2 or more cores needed for OS X) 4GB or more RAM (2GB or more will be needed for OS X) Hard Disk with at least 40GB free for Virtual Machine Oracle VM VirtualBox v 5.0.34 Install OS X El Capitan app and Mac or Hack to prepare installation iso <-- Now, no longer necessary to have previous access to a Mac or Hack by building the Installer.app from scratch - see post#75 16GB or larger exFAT formatted USB stick to transfer El Capitan iso from Mac/Hack to Host PC
Prepare Installation ISO on your Mac or Hack
1. On your Mac or Hack, download "Install OS X El Capitan.app" from the App Store into your Applications folder.
2. Download and unzip the CECI.tool (attached to this post) into your ~/Downloads folder. The commands in this executable script are shown below for informational purposes. Note: you will need approx 16GB of free space on your hard disk for the script to complete.
3. Open OS X terminal, then run the following commands to execute the script:
cd downloads chmod +x CECI.tool ./CECI.tool 4. At the end of the process, you will have an El Capitan iso on your desktop - copy this onto an exFAT formatted USB for use on the PC Host later.
Create an El Capitan Virtual Machine in VirtualBox
1. Open the VirtualBox program and click the "New" button to create a new VM.
2. Select Mac OS X and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (64 -bit) for Operating System type and version. I named my Virtual Machine "El_Capitan", then clicked next...
3. Leave the Memory size at the recommended 2048 MB, then click next.
4. Choose to "Create a virtual hard disk now", then click the create button.
5. For the hard disk file type, the default is VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image) but I have selected VMDK for inter-operability with VMWare. Click next...
6. For Storage on physical hard disk, I have chosen the default Dynamically allocated (grows larger to a set limit as you need more disk space).
7. On the File location and size screen, you can set the location of the new virtual hard disk and its size - I recommend changing disk size to 40GB or larger. When you click the create button, you will now see your new VM in the VirtualBox main GUI.
8. Click the settings button on the Main Menu to tweak a few settings....
a. On the System/Motherboard tab in Boot Order, you can uncheck the Floppy Drive (who has these now?)
b. On the System/Processor tab, you can increase the allocated CPU cores to 2
c. On the Display tab, you can increase the allocated Video Memory to 128MB
d. On the Storage tab, click on the icon of the Optical Drive and select "Choose Virtual Optical Disk File".
Navigate and select the El Capitan ISO we created earlier...
e. Click the OK button to finalise the VM settings.
Patch El Capitan vbox configuration file with DMI Settings from a Mac
1. From the start menu, type cmd and click run as administrator to open an administrative command prompt.
2. Choose a Mac Model similar to your host system, then type the following lines, followed by <enter> after each line. Make sure you first close all VirtualBox Windows and the VirtualBox program, otherwise any changes you make won't stick...
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Mac-F2238BAE" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1 MacBookPro11,3
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "MacBookPro11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Mac-2BD1B31983FE1663" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1 Macmini6,2
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "Macmini6,2" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1 3. Optional- For some host systems eg those with Haswell and newer CPUs, you might have to spoof an older CPU to avoid VirtualBox errors. You can try from one of the following if this happens:
To spoof Lynnfield i5 750 CPU
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "El_Capitan" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 06100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff To spoof IvyBridge CPU
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "El_Capitan" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 04100800 7fbae3ff bfebfbff or
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "El_Capitan" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff 4. Close the command prompt window.
Installation of El Capitan
We are now ready to start the El_Capitan Virtual Machine....
Installation should be relatively straight forward, just following the prompts of the OS X installer:
1. Select language, agree to legal terms
2. Use Disk Utility from the Utilities Menu to erase and format the virtual hard drive as a single partition GUID Mac OS X Extended. I named my drive "Macintosh HD" but you can enter whatever you like eg El_Capitan.
3. Quit DU and choose Macintosh HD to install El Capitan on.
4. After 20-30 min (depending on how fast your system is), the installation will complete. At this point, unmount the El Capitan ISO by clicking the Devices menu from the VM window, click Optical Drives, then choose Remove disk from virtual drive. The VM is now ready to reboot into OS X from the virtual hard drive.
5. At the welcome screen, choose your country and keyboard layout. You can skip transfer information, location services and logging in with your Apple ID if you wish…
6. Create a User Account and select your Time Zone. You can skip sending diagnostics and usage data to Apple….
7. Finally, you will arrive at the El Capitan Desktop.
8. Network/internet and audio should work OOB but on my system, the sounds were distorted. Unfortunately, there is no QE/CI and the VM resolution will be fixed without the ability to dynamically resize the VM window (no VirtualBox additions for OS X guests atm).
Customization with VBoxManage
1. You can change the default resolution of 1024*768 (after shutting down the VM) with the VBoxManage command from the Windows Administrative Command Prompt:
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" VBoxInternal2/EfiGopMode N (Where N can be one of 0,1,2,3,4,5) referring to the 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1920x1200 screen resolution respectively.
Update: For VirtualBox 5.2.x, the command for changing screen resolution has changed...
VBoxManage setextradata "<MyVM>" VBoxInternal2/EfiGraphicsResolution XxY (where X=Horizontal screen resolution, Y=Vertical screen resolution)
VBoxManage setextradata "<MyVM>" VBoxInternal2/EfiGraphicsResolution 1280x1024 2. Adding serials and other SMBIOS details for the System Information Screen
VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemSerial" "W8#######B6" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardSerial" "W8#########1A" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVendor" "Apple Inc." VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemFamily" "iMac" VBoxManage setextradata "El_Capitan" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBIOSVersion" "IM112.0057.03B" A listing of known issues with Mac OS X guests can be found in the VirtualBox Manual - link https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch14.html.
Vanilla Mavericks and Yosemite, Snow Leopard from Retail DVD
The same VM settings for El Capitan will also boot and run vanilla installations of OS X Mavericks and Yosemite . Attached to this post are installer scripts to create bootable Mavericks (CMI.tool) and Yosemite (CYI.tool) ISOs for VirtualBox and VMware.
With the respective OS X installer apps in the Applications folder, download and run the installer tools using terminal ie
To create a Mavericks ISO on your desktop
cd downloads chmod +x CMI.tool ./CMI.tool To create a Yosemite ISO on your desktop
cd downloads chmod +x CYI.tool ./CYI.tool Here is a screenshot of the VM running Mavericks 10.9.5...
Finally, those without a Mac/Hack to prepare the install media can purchase a retail Snow Leopard DVD directly from Apple and install OSX 10.6.3 on their virtual machines (Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion run quite happily in VirtualBox with 1 CPU, 1-2 GB of RAM and the rest of the settings unchanged from above). Once you update by combo update to SL 10.6.8, you can directly download El Capitan from the App Store for free .
UPDATE macOS Sierra 10.12 to 10.12.6: For macOS Sierra, use CSI.tool in post#51.
UPDATE macOS High Sierra 17A365: For macOS High Sierra, use CHSI.tool in post#73.
Good luck and enjoy