InsanelyMac Forum
ema98

Installazione ML con iAktos su Samsung Serie 7 Chronos NP700Z7CH

Salve a tutti, vorrei installare questa distro sul pc in firma, ho pero alcuni dubbi da chiarire prima di procedere all installazione: il mio Hack ha due Schede Video: la GT650m e la HD4000, bisogna usare kexts particolari per farle funzionare correttamente considerando che l hardware è molto simile agli ultimi macbook pro ? per l USB 3.0 ? C è bisognodi particolari kexts per il wifi (Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235)?Premetto che ho gia installato osx su altri pc ma non ho mai smanettato con il DSDT. Grazie anticipatamente! :help:

Advertisement

dopo aver partizionato il disco e avuto problemi col disco di installazione, riesco ad avviare iaktos con -x che mi porta l installazione a termine. NON ho installato il bootloader per paura che mi corrompesse i file di boot di Windows 8 che tra l altro è su un bios uefi (ho impostato l uefi su csm os and uefi per fare avviare la penna), l unico problema che avviando osx da penna usb mi da in verbose still waiting for root device e avviando in -x un kernel panic che da quanto ho capito è causato dai driver nvidia. oggi volevo provare a fare un installazione senza kexts e magari col bootloader che pero ho letto che non fa partire Windows 8 perche da errore bcd causato dalle partizioni efi system reserved su cui stanno i file di boot. rischio di corrompere la partizione di Windows ?

Allora ho provato a installare la distro senza kext ma niente, nel migliore dei casi (installando il bootloader e i giusti kexts si blocca sempre su questa schermata:post-847715-0-70095500-1358779382_thumb.jpgpost-847715-0-70095500-1358779382_thumb.jpg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Soeren_DK
      Hi there.
      I'm new to this site but not totally new to hack. I've had a hack since 10.4 and the latest version I ran was 10.9, not totally fixed but it worked to what I needed. Now I want to make the machine run as good as it can. I can see there has been a lot of changes/upgrades/new solutions since I installed my hack and I have a hard time to catch up.  
      I've been able to boot and install macOSX and now I need the POST installation.
      I tried to install the clover EFI boot loader with these settings:

and found the DSDT.aml and SSDT-0.aml from HERE
      found the apfs.efi
      and placed it in EFI -> EFI -> CLOVER -> driver64
      and these kext in here:

But when I boot it up this is the first bootscreen I have. No partions, no mouse control, no nothing.

if I exit clover this screen appear.

and now everything works. 

What is wrong?
      Cheers
      Soren
    • By midi-sama
      Sierra on Tab!
      [DISCONTINUED]
      MY TAB'S MOTHERBOARD FRIED!

First of all, I would like to thanks everyone on the Tablets > Samsung section for making OS X on XE700T1C possible, first from Yosemite up to El Capitan. This thread, however, is for Sierra installation, thanks to this thread (and the users there for the help), we gathered some information about our device capabilities and limitation on Sierra:
      What works: Everything but: What's not working/issues: PS/2 buttons (volume/rotation/Home buttons) - driver problem, needs kext edits For some: WiFi disconnections Wacom Driver (as for now, drivers for Sierra not released yet) They have been released. Intel Wifi/BT (no need to ask why, check the old threads for this device) Battery level may (most of the time) be wrong, please check HWMonitor for the real values, somehow macOS reads it wrong, and at some point it may even show "Replace Soon" (LOL). Battery may be stuck at "Charging" icon if woken up from sleep while being charged and then unplugged, to fix that, replug and unplug the charger. Before starting, neither me nor insanelymac.com is held responsible if anything goes wrong to your computer, or your cat died because you didn't feed it or a nuclear war. We are here to show you how to do stuff, you do it and take full responsibility of it.

Part 1:
      Prepare your Computer:
      Before doing anything stupid, BACKUP YOUR FREAKING DATA! Don't come crying at me because you've lost your work files, notes or the secret recipe of Krusty Krab, I'll point my finger at you and laugh to my heart's content (yes, but I warned you, and as they say in arabic: 9ad a3thara man anthar قد أعذر من أنذر) YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! For that, you can use Samsung's tool (if you still have it), Microsoft Windows' tool (under windows 8/10 > File History, or under windows 10 using one of these) or using 3rd party tools like CCC or CloneZilla (open-source and totally free, recommended, backup partitions instead of disk, will help to restore single partitions instead of erasing the whole ssd), and if you're under OS X already, use Time Machine to backup, Linux users know what to do (CloneZilla, Aptik...). UPDATE your UEFI Firmware to the latest version, using Samsung Update, don't do anything stupid, let the updater do its thing and fulfill its requirements (full battery, no running program ..). May break your device if you do anything stupid here, don't be stupid then (I just solved world stupidity, praise me!). Prepare your tools: a OS X/macOS computer/VM (deal with it) one 8GB USB (or two, second may be small for clover only, recommended, external HDDs will work too) your ATIV (duh!) your brain, you can buy one if needed (mostly black markets, watch out: illegal) optionally, external USB mouse, as the internal one doesnt have scroll feature, blame ELAN for making the USB drivers not close to PS/2 ones Other than that, prepare yourself mentally, this will be tremendously long you'll pop your eyes out, so do this on a lit room and better in the morning when you're wide-awake, thank me later for that. Make some snakes while you're at it, you'll need them. Part 2:
      Prepare your install - Install!
      On your OS X/macOS computer Download (or build) Clover from here (or build from here) Download FakeSMC.kext (choose Binaries) toledaARPT.kext (only for AR9280/5 or compatible, optional) for BCM users, refer please to the older thread, must be the same for you, thought I've read that Sierra has some problems with some BCM cards, good luck then :3 Internet is NEEDED later, and AppleALC.kext and lastly HFSPlus.efi Download PlistEditor (google) Download macOS Sierra from the AppStore (by now the final release should be already published) Open Disk Utility and plug your USB stick. Select Erase > Name it whatever you want > Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) > Scheme : GUID Partition Table (GPT) > ERASE!!! You better have already saved what was there lol Select then Partition > hit + > Make a Clover partition of 500MB MS-DOS (FAT) partition and the rest Installer partition with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Apply Note 1: for smartasses saying "Why GPT, why not MBR?", A: for some reason El Capitan/Sierra Disk Utility wouldn't let me partition it later on, I don't know what's going on, but only GPT partitioning was permitted, somebody please confirm/fix this. Thanks. Note 2: for smartasses saying "Why did you make a Clover partition instead of using the existing EFI partition from the GPT formatting", A: having a partition to automount is better than mounting a hidden one each time!  Thou art done with Disk Utility, Thou shalt close it! Install Clover on the CLOVER (well fat partitions are renamed with capital letters) partition LEAVE only these folders/files from CLOVER folder: ACPI drivers64UEFI kexts > Other misc ROM themes tools CLOVERX64.EFI Copy the kexts from 2. in Other folder under kexts. Copy HFSPlus.efi under driver64uefi and remove VBoxHFS.efi Download this config.plist (credits @rehabman, also, right click on the link > Save Link As ... > and make sure it ends with .plist NOT .txt, if it doesn't, change the Format under it to All Files, and remove .txt) Open it with PlistEditor (haha, aint spoilin') Save and rename it to config.plist then replace CLOVER > EFI > CLOVER > config.plist with this new one. Open Terminal (I use iTerm, better): run this  sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --volume /Volumes/Installer Sip some tea, or watch whatever you like (huhuhuuhhuuh), it will take a while (unless you're one of those plebs with ULTRA FAST WHATEVER WHATEVER usb keys) Once done, close terminal, you're ready to rock! On your ATIV! (the exciting part) Boot to your Firmware Setup (aka BIOS Setup, but the name before is the correct one), by using ONE of these methods: Power off > Press and hold Windows button under the screen > Power On > Once you see the SAMSUNG logo, release the Windows Button > TADAA! Power off > Press and hold Volume Down button > Power On > Choose "Enter Setup" > TADAA! Power off > Press repeatedly F2 > Power On [keep pressing] > TADAA! Power off > Press repeatedly F10 > Power On [keep pressing] > Choose "Enter Setup" > TADAA! If you're on windows already: Method 1 Plug a keyboard (dock or usb keyboard) Click on the power off icon (in the charm bar in win 8.x, in Start in win 10) Hover on Reboot Hold Shift while clicking on reboot You should see "Please Wait" Method 2 Open Settings Go to Updates and Recovery (win 8.x) or Update and Security (win 10) Go to Recovery Select Advanced Startup It should start the Advanced menu while showing "Please Wait" Once done, go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings TADAA! If you have GRUB2 UEFI> Select System Setup > TADAA! Once in, do these changes: Advanced > Fast BIOS Mode OFF USB S3 Wake-up OFF (you can make it ON, but will drain battery as the dock will stay ON and may also be annoying and has an effect on sleep) AHCI Mode Control Auto Boot > BIOS Adaptive Brightness ON/OFF depending on choice (ON to help your eyes at night) Secure Boot OFF OS Mode Selection UEFI OS Plug your USB key, hit Save, and furiously keep pressing F10 Now you'll see your USB drive in the BOOT menu, select it, and Clover will start up Start up macOS Installer (eat a sandwich meanwhile, unless you have those SUPER ULTRA FAST WHATEVER usb keys!) Open Disk Utility At this point you can still back up and start saving up your files! LAST WARNING! Erase your WHOLE SSD (remember that I told you to save your stuff? Now you know why!) To this point, YOU. ARE. DONE. Close and Install macOS Note 1: You'll see it stuck at "One second left" for more than one second (lol), wait until it reboots. Note 2: If your tablet rebooted after the 1st phase but didnt start the USB key automatically, open the BOOT menu and run clover and start up the Installer, it will resume the Install as it should Note 3: I forgot to mention this, but you should have common sense without me telling that to you, PLUG YER CHARGER! Once done, we'll get to the next step. Part 3:
      Configure and Fix up your install

Congratulations, you've successfully installed macOS Sierra on your Tab, you can clap now! For now, it's all about your IQ level (hope you have 3 digits, and you should if you made it up to here). Now, finish up your install and first boot, and make sure you're connected to the internet (Internal Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB Dongles... I dont care, deal with it, or you may just do Copy-Pasta from another computer, but that wont help for DSDT, for people experienced in OSx86, you know what you can do if you dont have internet).

Once on your desktop, test the audio: Go to System Preferences Go to Sound Check if you see an Output device, if yes then proceed, if not, reboot again, if still not: Check your config.plist > Devices > Audio > Inject : 6 Check the kext AppleALC is under kexts > Other and no other folder under kexts but Other. Power off and boot the device up (cold boot) Select "Play feedback when volume is changed Change the volume using the keyboard keys, the buttons on the side wont work (lack of PS/2 drivers)
        Check TRIM: Hold Alt and click on the Apple menu > System Information Select SATA/SATA Express Select your drive Check TRIM Support : Yes in the description IF NOT: Open terminal Type  sudo trimforce enable Accept and confirm Wait until the computer reboots (it will take a while, no worries)
        SIP and add "Anywhere" to open any app Disabling SIP Reboot to recovery Open terminal Type in:  csrutil disable Reboot Enable "Anywhere" under Security and Privacy to allow foreign/unsigned apps Open terminal Type in:  sudo spctl  --master-disable Done Clover
      Open terminal and type: diskutil mount disk0s1 Copy the EFI folder in the USB to the EFI partition, so you'll get a EFI folder inside EFI partiton Make a folder named BOOT under folder EFI (so EFI > EFI > BOOT), copy CLOVERX64.EFI from CLOVER folder to it, rename it then (in BOOT folder) to BOOTX64.EFI  You'll be able to boot Clover from your SSD UPDD Rewind If you want to buy the UPDD software with the gestures and other stuff, head to http://touch-base.com/and order your software for $171.00 or 133.00 Euros (if you're a superrich pleb!). This software will then be updated and supervised by Touch-Base. If you're broke and want a free (but annoying alternative) follow this: If you want UPDD to control Wacom digitizer and you dont mind recalibrating it each time, download ONE of these: Digitizer ignores pen proximity (no hover) LINK Digitizer reacts to pen proximity (hover) LINK Q: Why do I have to recalibrate the pen after each reinstall? A: Because this driver was made initially for Samsung Slate 7 (the father of our Tab 7) and it had only HD screen (not like our FHD one) and so, when you move the pen over the screen it only reacts to the "HD" resolution portion of the screen. This is what I think, correct me if I'm wrong. if you only want touch with UPDD and want to wait until Wacom releases its driver LINK (this is the driver used by Surface 1 and possibly 2 too) - RECOMMENDED! Now either way, you have to use some of these tools (made by Automator, not some fancy coding or anything): Download this file containing the tools: RE:UPDD (huhuhuhuh) (thanks to @thanh for UPDDrewind) Extract them and throw them in Applications folder Mount the UPDD dmg, throw the installer under /Library/ Run re-updd and let it do its thing (confirm and type your password when asked) Notes: Please go to Part 4 > 7, below before running UPDDrewind After each reboot (under less than 24 hours from the time of the install) run UPDDrewind, you can add it to autorun at boot by adding it to the list in System Preferences > Users and groups > Your Username > Login items After each 24 hours of usage, run re-updd, it will reinstall and ask to run the driver program Reboot (now it should boot from your SSD) DSDT TIME On Clover menu, hit F4, then boot normally Once on the desktop, open MaciASL Copy patched folder from CLOVER > EFI > CLOVER > ACPI > patched to your Desktop Copy DSDT.aml and SSDT-0.aml (check that SSDT-0 is SataTabl, how? open it with MaciASL and look for OEM Table ID, id it's not, look into all your SSDTs and get the correct one) to a new directory on your desktop name it patched Open DSDT.aml Go to MaciASL > Preferences > Source > + Name: RehabMan repo URL:  http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master Note: You may remove the others, you're free to choose. iASL > ACPI Specifications : 5.1 Close the Preferences and go to the Patch menu, apply these: [bat] Samsung Ativ Book 7 [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU [syn] Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error [syn] Fix *pnp/pnp lower case Error [usb] 7-series/8-series USB [usb] USB3 _PWR 0x0D (instant wake) For AR9285 only: [wifi] AR9285 WiFi RP02-PXSX : change RP02 in the 5th line to RP01 Download this patch file, click on Open in MaciASL's patch window, select Patch.txt and apply it. Save your DSDT Open terminal and copy this (everything):  curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh && \ chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh && \ sh ~/ssdtPRGen.sh && \ diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1 && \ cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ && \ cp ~/Desktop/patched/* /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ && \ echo "All done." Hit enter and reboot Download these kexts (extract them if needed) and put them in Clover > kext > Other (mount your EFI volume using diskutil mount disk0s1): ACPIBacklight: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-backlight/downloads ACPIBatteryManager: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads VoodooPS2Controller: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads Reboot. Part 4:
      Extras and level up your macOStouch experience:

Congrats again! Now you have a fully functional macOS tablet ... not yet! Why? Cuz it sux! like really! Just try it! Well then, to make it "suck less", we need to fix a number of things (HiDPI -cuz 1080p is ultra smoll-, LaunchPad size and UPDD Gestures fixes/enhancements, also wacom and 3G). ALL THESE ARE OPTIONAL, so:
      HiDPI Fix Open terminal and type: sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true Install and go to Unknown Monitor > Custom Resolutions > + > Scaled Resolution (on top): Here you can add any "Scaled" resolution. I recommend 1366x768 HiDPI resolution, so I add a scaled resolution of 2732x1536 as in a retina display resolution (1366*2 and 768*2) If you want a HiDPI resolution, get the width and heigh, multiply each by two, add it to SwitchResX. Click on Display (on top bar) and hit Write System settings, then File > Save Settings.  Reboot
      LaunchPad 6x3 icons setting: Open terminal and type:  defaults write com.apple.dock springboard-rows -int 3; defaults write com.apple.dock springboard-columns -int 6; defaults write com.apple.dock ResetLaunchPad -bool TRUE;killall Dock Result: For UPDD Guestures: Get my configuration here: UPDD Settings You can still use yours, and open UPDD Gestures > Settings Note: Do not put it on full screen, you'll need to force quit it to use it again (then run UPDDrewind) Wacom: Go to Wacom Drivers webpage Select Bamboo under "All" and download its driver Install Reboot For 3G I didn't test/try, you can always check the Yosemite/El Capitan thread in #1 or #20 for instructions and STARTING from #258 onward to get the new drivers and stuff. WIP Annoying Firewire Update Open terminal and type:  softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2 Configure re-UPDD and UPDDrewind re-UPDD: to run it without typing your password (may reveal your password explicitly to anyone knowing how to use Automator) Open Automator > Open > re-updd.app (or drag-n-drop re-updd on Automator) Go to "Run Applescript" part add 
        password *PUT_YER_PASSWORD_HERE* after  administrator privileges Hit the Hammer button above the box to check the syntax Save UPDDrewind: Open it with Script Editor Change INSERT_PASSWORD_HERE by your mac password (leave the quotes) Go to File > Export >   File Format: Application Check Run-only Save Now your password wont be explicitly shown for this application, because we made it to run only, no edition/viewing is permitted afterwards. Delete the source UPDDrewind (if you save it somewhere else) KeyUP: download and throw in Applications Brightness: Download: http://bergdesign.com/brightness/#download Throw it in Applications If you're using black theme in macOS, right click on the app > Show Contents > Contents > Resources Rename: display_icon.png > display_icon_black.png display_icon_white.png > display_icon.png Close and reopen the app. CodecCommander: Check the posts under this one You're done!! You can celebrate your intelligence now! What's still needs to work on:

Though we did all that, there are still parts that wouldn't just work right:
      Make UPDDrewind run when it detects that UPDD Gestures is ran An app to combine both re-updd and UPDDrewind, as they are just scripts and still needs refining (or just one AppleScript for password reasons) 3G/SIM card driver (I just didnt test, still, I'm putting it here) Fix the battery percentage, as I found that HWMonitor gives a precise percentage, like I have 98% in HWmonitor while the OS reports 100%, 96% in HWmonitor while OS reports 98% (they align at 50% and they diverge again) 100click/24hours for UPDD Driver (meh! but it's annoying to reinstall each time) VoodooPS2 driver configuration Microphone may stop working in the middle of work. Workaround: use your headphone with microphone or do a sleep-wake cycle. These are not in any given order, and they all matter to the smooth work on our devices. 

Credits:

I would like to give to everyone who has done some work to get this device work:
      @Rehabman for drivers and DSDT patches
      @Apple for the SW
      @HWmonitor team for HWmonitor and FakeSMC and other drivers
      @everyone in Tablets Forum for every piece of information and work, especially in these threads: Yos/ElC 10.12 report First thread for XE700T1C
      @anyone I forgot to mention (PM me to add you here, you deserve it)

Thank you all

Guys, if anything is wrong, just report it, I'll fix it ASAP, thanks

• By jojo2203
      Hallo,
      habe versucht nach der Anleitung von http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com/  auf einen X220 i7 zu installieren, bisher leider erfolglos. kann mir jemand die angehangenen Log Meldungen interpretieren und einen Tip geben an welcher Stelle ich weiter probieren muss. Habe es schon mit den folgenden Bootparametern probiert
      -v -x -s -f cpus=1 maxmem=4096 GraphicsEnabler=No -no-zp
      Es war ein 8 GB Speicherriegel gesteckt und die "neue" WLAN Karte, außerdem ist zusätzlich zur MSATA eine weitere HDD installiert.

• By dark_hacker
      I have a laptop model NP530U3C-A04PT I have the system working but I have some problems in solving the rest.
      No battery detected, the intel hd 4000 graphic does not work I tried the various id-plataform or the distortions on the screen or the screen turns black, I wanted the screen to work from the laptop and HDMI and HDMI audio
      And I do not know if the power system is working.
      I put my extracted DSDT
      Thank you
      DSDT.aml.zip
    • By xuzhin
      System:
      Asrock X79 extreme6 p2.50
      Nvidea GeForce gtx 770
      i7-4930K @ 3.40ghz

i'm trying to start fresh. i have a working mavericks, but i want to install sierra and not high sierra, because some pro tools plugins don't work on high sierra yet.

either way, i created the usb boot stick with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and dragged [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on there, i get to the clover boot screen, and can't get any further, i see the black screen, apple logo, loading bar appears, but doesn't start moving at all. i guess some boot settings are wrong, for the old mavericks system chameleon used:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict>    <key>SSDT</key>    <string>Yes</string>    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>    <string>No</string>    <key>PciRoot</key>    <string>1</string>    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>    <string>Yes</string>    <key>Kernel Flags</key>    <string>npci=0x2000</string>    <key>UseKernelCache</key>    <string>No</string> </dict> </plist> now i don't have any idea how to get those settings into the boot options of the clover bootloader, i've been trying to change a few settings, but i've gone through 10 different clover boot settings combinations, with no luck.

anybody that can help me?

i couldn't find a guide on this site, not even one that explains how to create a sierra usb stick to boot with. sorry guys i'm really not good with this.