X86PlatformPlugin not loading

rr7

66 posts in this topic

You need to know that insanelymac does not support this particular forum.

You should familiarize yourself with the additional software and patched you installed. Anyway, if you use the Clover boot loader, you can simply use the GenerateIvyStates option.

Otherwise generate an SSDT table for your processor with ssdtPRGen and use it with a boot loader of your choice.

ok thanks, i looked in clover boot options and i didnt see any where that says generateivystates option.

what am i missing?

I know that Where is that located at ??????

I know this:

Its the Config.plist under the ACPI section.

BUT where is that file at???? i searched on spotlight no luck...

Just answered that in the other thread but it will be deleted soon so I'll repeat here:

If you installed Clover to your Lion/ML partition it should be in /EFI/CLOVER/ (or in the OEM folder but you wouldn't be asking if you used this method)

If you installed Clover to your ESP then you should first mount it and then look for the file on the same route I mentioned before but in this partition instead.

Hey, i completely understand your frustration, but take in mind this is not Apple 24/7 paid support: people help out of they good will and will most likely do it in their spare time. You're entitled to absolutely nothing here, and this kind of attitude will probably prevent people from giving you a hand. Be patient!

That said, instead of the GenerateIvyStates flag - delete all strings under ACPI in your config and add DropOEMSssdt=yes - take that script you downloaded (and opened in TextEdit, which was preposterous) and drag it to the terminal. It will start to run and will generate an output - ssdt.aml - that you should put in the folder /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. If you're feeling lazy to mount your EFI partition every time, google for and download an app called EFIMounter-v2.

Good luck!

Instead of wasting your time to post the question in multiple forums you could have instead read the Clover instructions carefully and tried to find the file by yourself. It seems you have found it by now anyway.

No one is obligated to post here, no one is paid here to support random people, keep that in mind.

sorry for being stupid like that i was jus very frustrated.

thanks for the help guys

Hey, i completely understand your frustration, but take in mind this is not Apple 24/7 paid support: people help out of they good will and will most likely do it in their spare time. You're entitled to absolutely nothing here, and this kind of attitude will probably prevent people from giving you a hand. Be patient!

That said, instead of the GenerateIvyStates flag - delete all strings under ACPI in your config and add DropOEMSssdt=yes - take that script you downloaded (and opened in TextEdit, which was preposterous) and drag it to the terminal. It will start to run and will generate an output - ssdt.aml - that you should put in the folder /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. If you're feeling lazy to mount your EFI partition every time, google for and download an app called EFIMounter-v2.

Good luck!

I did that part with Generate SSDT with that script and i have 2 files on my desktop, One is ssdt_pr.aml, ssdt_pr.dsl. Im guessing i Drag the ssdt_pr.aml to my /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

ssdt_pr.dsl is the source code, ssdt_pr.aml is the compiled version that you need to use. I don't know if it will be recognized by Clover this way, better rename it to ssdt.aml before copying it to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

That should do it.

ok well i did that exactly now i cant boot into osx, jus gets stuck at apple screen with spinnig log then it retarts after few min. if u can help me fix this id be so freaking happy been bummed no pc for last 2 days..

:(((

Boot in verbose mode so you can see the logs before it reboots. In Clover's GUI press the spacebar over the partition you want to boot and select "verbose mode". In the same menu you'll see "without cache" and "safe mode", try them both and tell us if it boots.

EDIT: I believe those are not the exact words for the menu items but you'll understand when you see the menu.

Sure: Open EFI Shell Under Clover.

Use Clover's EFI shell (X number of the disk, Y number of SSDT if any)...

Code:

cd fsX:\EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched

rm SSDT-Y.aml

exit

(deletes the ssdt) I believe.

Then I Booted normally but I pressed space bar to skip that other stuff, and it booted.