Dell E1405

10 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, I will be buying a Dell E1405 within the next week or so. I wanted to know what options you suggested getting (or staying away from) for the best osx86 experience

I have one. OSX86 runs smooth and superfast, but no sound(no drivers yet for sigmatel 9200), no wireless(need to use a usb one o a DEll 1390) and somes issues dont work in usb.And works only core solo(have to disable 1 core in Bios)

My recomendation: buy a good noteboock with core solo, and a soundcard that works on OSX86.

Or get your notebook with a external sound device, a $50 wireless USB dongle, and KEEP THE CORE DUO! Just disable a core AT BOOT and not in the BIOS that way you wont need to keep switching back and forth for Windows and OS X. Stick with the E1405, or heck get the E1505 like I have.

Or get your notebook with a external sound device, a $50 wireless USB dongle, and KEEP THE CORE DUO! Just disable a core AT BOOT and not in the BIOS that way you wont need to keep switching back and forth for Windows and OS X. Stick with the E1405, or heck get the E1505 like I have.

How do I disable core at boot :hysterical: