Suggestions for ATI Card, running smooth at 1080p

dolphinaura

8 posts in this topic

Listen to him. I got a 5570 about two months ago and while the card itself is pretty good, I'll be damned if I can get HDMI audio to work (even after EXTENSIVE editing of my Framebuffer)

I swear to god I wanted to punch a wall when I went to a store last week to buy a new fan for my case and saw the 5770 at the same price I'd paid for the 5570 just a few weeks ago. :wallbash:

HDMI audio has nothing to do with the framebuffer... Post your DSDT and IOreg (From IOreg app) and I can edit it within 30 seconds. You must be using AppleHDA to have it work.

It certainly has to do with the framebuffer; at the very least the HDMI port must be recognized properly!

We've been through this already, I'm pretty sure. Also, I've tried with both AppleHDA and VoodooHDA and with whichever method, I can use my port for video AND I cab select it in the sound output options, but it just will not sound.

P.S. I'm pretty certain my DSDT is correctly edited. And, in doing so, I originally followed your tutorial (which was very good, BTW)

It certainly has to do with the framebuffer; at the very least the HDMI port must be recognized properly!

Wrong. HDMI audio can be outputted via any port other then a VGA port on AMD/ATI GPUs. Just because one port does not work on the card does not mean that HDMI audio is not work. HDMI audio is independent of the frame buffer. The IOreg tells the whole story...