• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Faizan Ahmed

Need Help in Graphics Problem in mountainlion Nvidia 8400gs

6 posts in this topic

hi

i am having issues with my graphics since the new 10.6.8 combo update with NVDAHAL50.kext been used i tried many solutions posted on different forums but didn't work for me.

i used patched Nv*.kext with device id with message nvdahal50 has been loaded after it my monitor gives no signal but computer still working also used nvoverride but same result

or when i used NVenabler64 kext my monitor show this black and white patrens and hangs

need help in it i m a bit worried about it as i have to use finalcut pro as my graphics card wont work nor i can do work on fcp

waiting for some usefull reply

post-947841-0-32127300-1352367777_thumb.jpg

post-947841-0-09990800-1352367910_thumb.jpg

using vga or dvi ?

Nvidia 8400gs 512mb ddr2 Device id 06e4 should be supported by graphicsenabler of chmeleon 2.1 as its the older video card not 10c3

download and install latest Chameleon

Add device ID in /system/library/extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/contents/info.plist

Find an NVinject.kext, any one will do, they're basically the same

Graphics Enabler:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Boot with -v

and if you get stuck at [PCI configuration begin]

Boot with -v NPCI=0x2000

or

Boot with -v NPCI=0x3000

Try this one too:

PCIRoot=1

Just to clarify, can you please verify which OSX update you installed, I know your running ML and there is no new 10.6.8 update since it came out a couple years ago so assume you meant 10.8.2 combo update?

i've instaled 10.8 no update i used yet . I instaled iatkos 10.6.3 first then i combo update to lion ready. 10.6.8.

tepaks. I tried it with nvenabler64.kext and get that black n white paterns n hang.