Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

KP at boot with CCC cloned 10.6.8 on a new SSD

1 post in this topic

The title pretty much says it all, I'm getting KP on boot and can't get past the OSX ("apple") white loading screen. Removed my old drive and used Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) to clone to a newer (5 mo. old) Corsair GT SSD. Old drive booted w/o problems or KP - all kexts and needed files working as needed.

I didn't install the bootloader to this SSD yet - I had planned to do that after initially booting using ######/######. I used ###### to successfully load the bootloader where the new drive with my old OSX install was recognized. I attempted to boot this using several flags but all have so far resulted in KP. Didn't have a chance to go through verbose mode yet however (only had a few minutes to test late last night). Is there something obvious which I might be overlooking?? I read something about 4K format issue in one post but I don't really understand what that issue is or what it might cause.

Thanks all in advance, I'll be checking in later today and updating this evening as I get a chance to work on this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Angelo_
      Hi guys, i'm trying to help a friend of mine trying to install osx(possibly high sierra) on his pc with the following specs: 
      Amd fx8350 
      Asrock 990fx extreme 3
      8gb of fury Kingston ddr3 ram(2x4)
      Radeon hd 7950
      128gb ssd( crucial m550)
      A couple of hdds I don't remember the brand(maybe a seagate barracuda and a dumb old disk for data)
      We tried to install it using the regular clover+high showers installer but we couldn't get it to reach the installer, then we tried osx-amd(don't know if i can talk about it there, sorry if i can't) and we still couldn't get to the installer.
      Is there a guide i can use to install osx in that machin, i tried to search in the forum but i couldn't find it.
    • By Tom Snow
      Hello everyone, ever since installing the security update at the end of January, I've been having two issues.
      The first is the kernel panic that happens every time I try to boot. After much research, here and elsewhere, I learned that the issue is Lilu.kext which I did not update prior to installing the security update. So now I have the latest version downloaded to a USB drive, but I cannot copy it to the hackintosh...
      Every time I try to boot into Recovery, the system just locks up. So I tried replacing the file via the UEFI shell and again from Kali, and in both cases I couldn't because both OS's see the Mac's file system as "read-only." I did some research on how to fix Recovery and found that I need to put FakeSMC.kext in the /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other directory on the Recovery HD, which I cannot do for the same reason I can't replace the Lilu file (the HD is read-only to all other OS's).
      I tried booting off my old Snow Leopard CD, and that doesn't work either; every time I try it just quits mid-boot, resets the computer and reboots into Clover.
      Can anyone give me any suggestions? I'm out of ideas at this point.
    • By dfear

I am try to install High Sierra, as per #####
      I have have successfully booted from the install usb drive and have booted into "Install macOS High Sierra". I had to add a boot flag (-no_compat_check) to the clover bootloader in order for the usb stick to boot properly. Also, at first I couldn't see the SSD drive in disk utility, but I fixed that by asking disk utility to show all drives.

Onto the current problem. I am having major issues trying to install High Sierra to a NVMe SSD. When I run "Install macOS High "Sierra" I get the following error:

"The version of macOS installed on this mac is newer than the version you are trying to install. When a new update is available, you can install it from the Updates plane in the Mac App Store. If you want to reinstall macOS, please use macOS recovery."

Also, It doesn't matter if the startup volume is formatted as APFS or HFS+.

If I format the drive using GPARTED on linux, the installer just says the startup volume doesn't have journaling enable. If I then run disk utility and enable journaling on the startup volume, then go back to the installer, I get the aforementioned error msg.

I have the following specs:

Asus Prime X299 Deluxe.
      ADATA 512GB NVMe SSD.

How do I fix this issue?
    • By chriz74
      In this video I first show the boot time of my system running on an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD APFS formatted and with TRIM enabled. As you can see the boot has a long pause at these "FIPSPOST_USER" stuff. The solution that always worked for me is to create a time machine backup and restore to disk. As you can see after the restoring that long pause is drastically reduced. The initial boot time is 45 seconds circa, after restoring is down to 22 seconds. TRIM is still enabled and disk is APFS.

• By BauerMac
      I want to use 7 drives on my ASUS X Hero MB.
      The MB supports up to 6 SATA drives, and also has 2 M.2 slots, so I thought it was possible to run at least 7 drives.
      Apparently, it isn´t that easy.
      I have a Samsung 850 EVO MZ-N5E500BW M.2 drive that I use as boot drive. It´s a SATA drive, and from what I can read, using a SATA drive in the M.2 slot will either disable one or two of the other SATA slots, depending on which type of M.2 setup you choose.
      So now I can only use a total of SIX slots in the machine for storage, which is a huge bummer, since I need the extra SSD drive.
        I can of course connect the extra SSD drive via an adapter and use an external USB port, but that´s a very impractical solution.   QUESTION:
      Can anyone tell me if it´s possible to somehow connect 7 drives to my ASUS X Hero MB?
      (Buying a new PCIE M.2 drive is not an option, since the M.2 drive I have is the boot drive, and I don´t wanna F around with cloning, replacing etc)   Thanks in advance!