error processing data: input/output error

dying4004

3 posts in this topic

guys i need a help. My Laptop is HP 6b02tx with i5 2430M, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd.

I have trying to install SL, Lion and ML and everytime installation fails with error processing data: input/output error.

i have tried the following boot flags. -v -cpus=1 busratio=24 pcirootuid=1 arch=i386. I tried different combinations of flags but same issue everytime.

i have tried internal hdd and usb hdd and still same issue.

any idea what might be the issue?

Cheers

generally this would be a sign of a failing hard drive, can you post a screen shot showing what it says before that?

Damaged or corrupt installer image file can also cause same problem. Reformat your entire USB, not just erase or reformat partition and then try again. If your able to do this from a Mac, also choose secure erase and set slider one notch from the left, it will do a zero write and flag any bad blocks as not writable

generally this would be a sign of a failing hard drive, can you post a screen shot showing what it says before that?

Damaged or corrupt installer image file can also cause same problem. Reformat your entire USB, not just erase or reformat partition and then try again. If your able to do this from a Mac, also choose secure erase and set slider one notch from the left, it will do a zero write and flag any bad blocks as not writable

its definitely not a hdd issue as i have tried laptop's internal hdd and 3 external hdd and these 4 hdd's are working just fine and 1 of them i bought yesterday just for osx. and tried 4 different distros burned with 3x speed.

and same issue every time.