dying4004

2 posts in this topic

guys, i need some help from you.

I am trying to install iAtkos SL S3 in HP DV6 6b02tx. Spec is as below:

Core i5 2430M

4 GB ram

500 GB HDD

ATI 6770M and Intel Grafix

I can boot to SL with ###### legacy boot disk but it doesnt detect my usb hard disk.

any suggestion how to make it to detect my usb hdd?

BTW, i tried iAtkos L2 but L2 shows Mac OSX installation couldnt be completed just after booting into L2.

i have tried with pcirootuid=1 -v -x -f npci=0x2000 busratio=24 cpus=1

nothing worked

Instead of posting to one of your other topics I'll post here and should cover all of them....Quit trying to use distro's and make your own retail installer! Only reliable way IMO. There are guides in Genius bar for every OSX version. Distro going to add a default set of kexts, boot args and probably MacPro 3,1 smbios, trying to make one version work on as many computers as possible, can also lead to total failure on others. It also makes it almost impossible to know what the cause is of any problem that comes up, because there is sooo much un-needed stuff to try to figure out which is the problem. Make it yourself, your then only adding what YOU need, and know what's there if anything needs to be changed or if anyone needs to help you they will also know. There is very little anyone can do to help with a failed distro install. Supposed to save time, but they usually make everything take far longer because of how difficult diagnosing any problems is.