OS X Mountain Lion - ASUS P8H67-M Pro (B3) Installation Guide

beta992

35 posts in this topic

Ok,I've reached the installation without any problem,so thank you a lot!

Now I'll do all the patches..The problem is that when I try to do something that require id and pw. It always says that pw are incorrect, so I can't do nothing..How can I fix that issue?

Ok,I've reached the installation without any problem,so thank you a lot!

Now I'll do all the patches..The problem is that when I try to do something that require id and pw. It always says that pw are incorrect, so I can't do nothing..How can I fix that issue?

I think you mean the password from your account? I think you entered wrong. You should try to make a new one (or reinstall) and just set an easy password for your account. E.g. 1234/admin or install

I solved this problem by reinstalling os x..Now I need a big help for the post installation and then for the upgrade to 10.8.3..After installing it, I must boot with clover usb and here comes the problems:

- When I use ubuntu live cd to generate dsdt it doesn't work..It generate an empty aml file(and I can't see what the usb have inside because clover boot on safe mode only)

- I've placed ssdt.sh made on vbox sistem into downloads directory to make my own ssdtPRGen.sh,but if I type as you said I don't get anything on my desktop....

- I'm not sure how to patch intelcppm with the script attached, beacuse is for 10.8.3 version..will it work?

- I don't know how to make my ethernet working, because I'm not so expert so I found this part quite difficult..

- Is after doing all these thing that I can make clover as bootloader?

Hope you can help me once again :)

I solved this problem by reinstalling os x..Now I need a big help for the post installation and then for the upgrade to 10.8.3..After installing it, I must boot with clover usb and here comes the problems:

- When I use ubuntu live cd to generate dsdt it doesn't work..It generate an empty aml file(and I can't see what the usb have inside because clover boot on safe mode only)

- I've placed ssdt.sh made on vbox sistem into downloads directory to make my own ssdtPRGen.sh,but if I type as you said I don't get anything on my desktop....

- I'm not sure how to patch intelcppm with the script attached, beacuse is for 10.8.3 version..will it work?

- I don't know how to make my ethernet working, because I'm not so expert so I found this part quite difficult..

Hope you can help me once again :)

I'm stuck on post-installation...I can't generate any ssdt, I don't know how to let my ethernet work and if I try to install clover on my partition it has always an error...

Can someone help me?

Please don't make double posts. Also please read the first post, everything you need to do is described.

To get your ethernet to work follow this post.

I had this problem also. Just make a folder on the (same) USB and drop all files in their (drivers, utilities, 10.8.3 combo update, etc.).

That doesnt work, do this on the main system, not in a vbox. Just place that file on the desktop.

Just download the latest one. It only works for 10.8.3.

See above

Yes

I'm sorry about double post!

I've carefully read the guide and I'll try to follow your suggestion about ssdt...

But I already read the guide that tell how to make realteck work, but on my S/L/E there aren't any kext has he said, and if I go to system preferences, network, is just an empty window in which I can't do nothing..Is also true that I didn't understant well that guide...

About audio kexts what I should do?

I finally had my dsdt compiled (I didn't used ubuntu live)..I have to place it on my desktop?

Btw clover won't install correctly, but I'll post what it says, maybe it can be useful..

Sorry for all these questions and thank you for the patience!

Hi beta992, how much do you get on Geekbench? I don't understand your CPUPM edit with MacBookPro8,3 data. For USB 3.0 try GenericUSBXHCI.

And here is the patch for your board, maybe you can fix the problem with sleep. Or try using Chameleon to fix it.

Hi giofrida,

Will try add a score this week for Geekbench. I edited CPUPM with the MacbookPro8,3 data to get more P-states.

This patch is not compatible with the newest BIOS, that is why I use their patch for newer BIOS as base.

Thanks for the USB3.0 tip! I don't have any USB3.0 device yet, but it would be nice to have more USB-ports. :)

Hi giofrida,

Will try add a score this week for Geekbench. I edited CPUPM with the MacbookPro8,3 data to get more P-states.

This patch is not compatible with the newest BIOS, that is why I use their patch for newer BIOS as base.

Thanks for the USB3.0 tip! I don't have any USB3.0 device yet, but it would be nice to have more USB-ports. :)

Thanks. Just tried editing the kext. It "unlocks" at least 3-4 more p-states. Maybe I'll try doing the same thing with our laptop because I only get 924MHz and 2260MHz.

• Like 1

Thanks. Just tried editing the kext. It "unlocks" at least 3-4 more p-states. Maybe I'll try doing the same thing with our laptop because I only get 924MHz and 2260MHz.

Yeah, you could try. For some this will give more P-states for some reason.