InsanelyMac Forum
Daedalus

OSX Leopard or Mountain Lion on TouchSmart 310 - possible?

So I'm interested purely because I love the look and feel of OSX, and if I can turn my old TouchSmart 310 pc into an Apple that would be great! I searched the forums and found one other guy that seemed to have it working but the post did not go into great detail.

I'm new the realm of hackintosh machines so I have no idea where I would start, I know the AMD Athlon 2 X3 (three cores) CPU used in this machine supports SSE 2, 3 and 4a and it uses a ATI Radeon HD 5450 and has 4gig of DDR3. I'm also willing to pay for a copy of OSX to get this working.

Any more help or points in the right direction would be fantastic.

Advertisement

If you want a fully 64-bit machine, go for Snow Leopard. If you want your machine the more up-to-date possible, search tutorials about Lion on AMD. The search field is your friend. :)

Leopard is simply obsolete, and Mountain Lion doesn't run on AMD machines yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By iammask
      My laptop is Hp ab522tx(https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04863397)
      Product number T0Z73PA Product name HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx Microprocessor Intel® Core™ i5-6200U with Intel® HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores) Memory, standard 8 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB) Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 940M (4 GB DDR3L dedicated) I made bootable USB of high sierra. While installing it in verbose mode, I get a blank black screen. Mostly its graphics problem with the kext.
      please help guys.

• By verymilan
      Hi, i recently set up High Sierra on my AMD computer with the help of the amdosx community (i actually used an installer just to confirm that something would work in the first place before i spend hours for nothing, i can and could have downloaded High Sierra the "legal" way).
      However the graphicscard is recognized properly, the 6gig are recognized and i have no artifacts and no screen tearing with the official nvidia webdriver,
      but unfortunally, dark colors have horizontal dark stripes in them and specific bright colors like on left bar of system windows such as settings do flicker like low fps.

I only used the clover on the flash drive for now and i'd like if it's worth digging deeper of if i should just forget about it as it is a common nvidia problem on macOS.
      Would be amazing to know.

Closer machine infos:
      * High Sierra (misses a recent minor patch as my network is veeeery slow and i got this nvidia issue anyway so i mainly jumped back to linux)
      * AMD fx8350
      * Asus Sabertooth 990fx Ref. 2.0
      * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

• By Twml
      I have an HP Elitebook 8460P running OSx 10.13.4 High Sierra

I have an odd issue i believe is related to DSDT patch for ACPI Power battery.
      My battery icon works the battery level goes up/down and battery goes black when charging/white when not.

BUT... Always has a lightning bolt in it and says "Power Source: Power Adapter" no matter if its connected or not.

How can i get it to recognize my adapter is unplugged?
    • By crisx95
      Hi, can someone of you palese help me fix the dsdt from my HP 15 p030nl? I need battery mette, back light control and the audio work in. Pls, I'm just bad at this, and before making a mess, i'd like your help. 
      P. S. I'm on High Sierra
      DSDT.aml.zip
    • By hackintosh_builder
      Hello, I am interested in building a Hackintosh using Threadripper. Could you please recommend good motherboard(s)? Is there one that is fully compatible with the Hackintosh?