Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
bobthet101

Virtualbox SnowLeopard , AMD Wont Boot

2 posts in this topic

Hey all , i was successful in installing booting and updating a virtual box of OSX Snow Leopard on an Intel Sandy Brigdge I7 , with the help of a boot disk.

I am trying to the same thing with the amd equivalent boot disks OSX86_ModCD-032311-151021 installing off a retail image of OSX SL and run into a snag.

The system boots fine from the disk running the rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel , as well as finds the hard ware from VB , and will even install , however once installed the chamelon boot loader shows , then the apple screen shows , and stops there. No errors , no kernel panic , no spinny circle. Just quits.

I have tried 5 different boot disks , all work the same.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Processor is an AMD FX - 4100

but as i said all of this is running on Virtual Box.

oh as an update i ran it as a -v and tried to screen shot but it goes black as soon as i click out ... the last thing i saw was Starting Darwin x86 and something about couldn't find AHCI

screenshot attached :

Screenshot.png

Edited by bobthet101