How can I read my esata external drive?

iPho

26 posts in this topic

Hi.

My Hackintosh with Mountain Lion 10.8.1 cannot see my esata external disk.

Can you give me a working driver in order to make ML see my drive? If I connected it via, USB ML regularly see it, but e-sata is a lot faster.

There are my PC information. http://imageshack.us...56164alle1.png/

It's a preassebled DELL XPS 8000.

I'm not in ACHI mode in my hackintosh since I haven't such option in my bios. I have installed mountain lion with the atainjector.kext file.

Thank you very much!

Edited by eep357
Merged with duplicate created 10/6-removed "Help Me!" from title

Unfortunatly I'm not be' able to Go AHCI. Any suggest?

This is surprising. Maybe the BIOS option isn't explicitly named AHCI. You can find it sometimes under « SATA IDE Emulation », « SATA Legacy mode » or this kind of denomination.

AHCI is the standard (native) way to access to SATA devices (as far as I know) and some BIOSes offer an « IDE Mode » which consists in the emulation of an IDE controller so older Operating Systems (which have not the AHCI compatibility buit-in) can access to SATA devices.

Maybe, as far as you’re using a laptop which was provided with a recent OS, the IDE emulation option was dropped because you might not have to use it (often laptop BIOSes are stripped down to a minimum). So you might be in AHCI Mode de facto…

On Dell, RAID mode means AHCI. In RAID mode, setting up and actual RAID is optional, but this will will enable AHCI, so......That's what you need to select, if using windows too and already installed in IDE mode, it's not tons of fun to get it to play nice but it can be done without a reinstall

It said "still waiting for root device" with that file + RAID MODE. I had to boot with my pendrive with the ML installation, open the terminal and to reswap ACHI for ataportinjector and reset to ATA mode in order to make my Hackintosh working.

I have only one internal hard disk + one esata external HD.

What can I do in order to correctly boot in RAID MODE?

It just occurred to me your eSATA maybe using different controller, jmicron maybe? Find out for sure what chipset the eSATA use first. And earlier when you mentioned only ATA or RAID mode, does it say ATA or IDE and does you board have a PATA ribbon style connector on it? If you still have legacy PATA on your mobo, it may have been setting for that and not for your SATA

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

My Hackintosh with Mountain Lion 10.8.1 cannot see my esata external disk.

Can you give me a working driver in order to make ML see my drive? If I connected it via, USB ML regularly see it, but e-sata is a lot faster.

There are my PC information.

http://imageshack.us...56164alle1.png/

It's a preassebled DELL XPS 8000.

I'm not in ACHI mode in my hackintosh since I haven't such option in my bios. I have installed mountain lion with the atainjector.kext file.

Thank you very much!

Edited by eep357
Merged topic with your previous one on same subject

• 2 weeks later...

You can give this a try, I made an updated and improved injector, adding some additional devices not included in any other's I've seen, fixed all controller names to match PCI ID database and some chipset naming errors I've seen in other versions. Also included IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector in it, for all drives to show internal and DVD keyboard eject/DVD.app fix. RAID ID's are also included for all the AHCI/RAID switchable controllers I could find.

remove other AHCI or BlockStorage injectors and install to S/L/E

AHCI_Extended_Injector.kext.zip

• Like 3