tommy6x

Mountain Lion, SLI and Sleep

1 post in this topic

Hi all!

I have a problem with sleep and my two graphic cards. By now, I have disabled the jMicron (eSata), Samsung (sata6) and ASMedia (usb3) controllers. With Lion my system was not able to go to sleep, the screen just kept getting black, but the pc was still running. With Mountain Lion, it is able to sleep and wake, but with two graphics card, wake takes about 5 min. With a single GTX560 it sleeps and wakes with no problems.

A year ago I had a P8Z68-V PRO (non gen3), with the same configuration (old bios, not 3xxx version), Lion (10.7.1) was able to sleep and wake properly (had to change because the onboard audio was not able to switch correctly from front panel to rear panel).

I have been working for about a month for the Mountain Lion upgrade, and it is almost finished. I still have to test the disabled controllers (and find the right kexts....), but everything else is working perfectly (apart sleep :)).

I attached my DSDT and system.log.

Thanks for your time :)

PS I'm using iMac12,2 in smbios.plist

Edit: Added my EFI strings.

slisleep.zip

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ITzTravelInTime
      Hi, not so much ago i got a geforce 9800 gx2 and i was wondering how do i get it to work on sierra/high sierra? i have tryied a lot of things but nothing worked, i always got a black screen, the only way to get it to boot is by using -nv_disable=1 which will boot the system of course without video acceleration but with one of the 2 gpus detected and the other not. since i am going to use this card for my 2008 dream hackintosh build, with sierra, how do i make it to work?

Thanks for your answers
    • By 877
      Ok so sorry for asking all these questions lately, I'm just trying to perfect my setup

I just reattached all my Windows drives so I can setup dual boot.

Attached to my PC I have:

120GB SSD (Reserved/Legacy Windows partitions) 500GB SSD (NTFS storage) 2 x 1TB SATA (NTFS in RAID mirror) 500GB SSD (EFI/OSX/RECOVERY) SATA Bluray writer In Clover I now have:
      Boot Windows Legacy HD1 Boot Windows Legacy HD1 Boot Windows Legacy HD1 Boot Windows Legacy HD1 Boot Windows Legacy HD2 Boot Windows Legacy HD3 Boot from High Sierra Boot Recovery from Recovery HD How is the best way to just have Windows, High Sierra and Recovery options only? 

(PS - I already used "diskejectd-master" to stop the 2 x RAID drives popping up with an error message in High Sierra)
      CLOVER877backup.zip
    • By Funkoyote
      Hello, I am looking for information for installing MacOs on a Dell Precision T5600 Workstation. I have not found anything yet and I was wondering if there is anyone around here with experience in these towers. Thank you very much.

Specs:
      Precision T5600 Chipset 
      Manufacturer  Model  Intel  Intel C600 Chipset
      Processors 
      Manufacturer  Models  Intel Sandy Bridge E5-26xx series, LGA2011 :Intel® Xeon™ processors
      4, 6, and 8 Core support
      Up to 150W
      Instruction/Data Cache: 32KB
      Supports Dual Processors
      Intel® Xeon®E5-2620 Processor (Six Core HT, 2.0GHz Turbo, 6 MB Intel Smart Cache, 95 watt)
      Video 
      Type  Models  Discrete PCIe 3.0 / 2.0 x 16  Up to 2 full-height, full length (maximum of 300 W) 
      2 GB AMD FirePro™ W5000  
      Memory 
      Specifications  Supported configurations  Memory type  DDR3 1333 MHz and 1600 MHz RDIMM ECC  Memory connectors  4 DIMM slots with single processor; 8 DIMM slots with dual processors  Supported memory module capacities  4 GB, 8 GB, and 16 GB RDIMM ECC Minimum memory  4 GB  Maximum memory  64 GB single processor; 128 GB dual processor 
      Audio 
      Type Model Integrated  RealTek ALC269 High Definition Audio
      Network
      Type Model Integrated Intel 82759

• By MrOptimistic16
      Hey guys my hackintosh is working fine for almost 3 months until this morning i start boot it up then stuck with prohibited sign on it, try to use verbose mode and it's giving me this kind of error cannot mount root, errno = 19 take note that i didn't do anything with my hackintosh i just normaly shut it down yesterday and update my windows then go to bed, i do have dual boot with different ssd.

• By mcBane
      Hi there,

i've already brought a HP z800&400 to El Capitan, so now i wanna set up a fast rendering machine for VR, VFX and 4k renderings, using the following core components:

1x i7-6950k
      2x MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 980 4GB OC
      1x ASUS X99-Deluxe II
      2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB

As usually the question arises whether those components will work on El Capitan or not - you dont wanna spend 4k on scrap metal right?
      And i definitely need Thunderbolt, so will this work with the ASUS X99-Deluxe II?

Any information or guidance especially considering the i7-6950k will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance
      mcBane