ML says "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly" when HPET works, why?

XLR

14 posts in this topic

I installed ML on a new Intel Z77 board, and can't get rid of NullCPU.

Patched AICPUPM with the latest SpeedStepper, successfully enabled HPET LPC and SMBus kexts via DSDT.

When i boot without NullCPU my system works amazingly fast with 13.000+ in geek bench, but for about one minute only until it ends up with KP "No HPETs available".

25028183.jpg

Dumped SSDT tables with DarwinDumper couple of times, sometimes it generates 2 SSDT's and sometimes 4.

P&C-States were already Yes, added DropSSDT with the SSDT's but it didn't solve the problem, back to "No HPETs available".

Hi XLR ^^

Don't use the Chameleon's P&C-States functions but make a right SSDT for your CPU.

About the DSDT, could you send me your patched DSDT? I'd like to see how you patched the device HPET.

Are you emuling a MacPro3,1? ...Are you crazy? :blink: You should emulate a minimac5,3. You're lucky to see the desktop.

Are you emuling a MacPro3,1? ...Are you crazy? :blink: You should emulate a minimac5,3. You're lucky to see the desktop.

With MacPro3,1 you can see the desktop even on Mars, it's the most ultimate system definition imho.

However, i've changed it to MacMini5,3 and patched the SSDT with RevoGirl's script, still no hpets available...(

I'm attaching virgin acpi tables, my edited dsdt with a list of patches that i applied, my extra folder, and bdmesg: xlr_dz77sl.zip

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...