Mountain Lion on Dell Precision M4400

cdyFlorian

12 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

these are my Kexts to run Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on a Dell Precision M4400 with Nvidia Quadro FX 770M.

What works:

- Nvidia Card

- Sound & Mic

- Trackpad & Keyboard

- Ethernet, Bluetooth & Wlan

- Firewire

- SDHC

Not working:

- Sleep

- Shutdown

Not tested:

Webcam, Smartcard Reader

Instructions:

- Install the Kexts from the "SLE" Folder into System/Library/Extensions with Kext Wizard

- Move The "Extra" to /(ML Volume)

- Run the myHack Application -> "Run myFix" -> "/(ML Volume)" -> "Full" and wait a couple of Minutes.

- Boot with ML

Enjoy :-)

http://www.osx86.net...sion_m4400.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would you mind specifying what you did to get the GPU working? I used to have the 770M until my motherboard was replaced and Dell gave me a 1700M. I think I need (likely) to mod the NVHAL kext with the proper DevID, and (possibly) a GFX string in my chameleon.plist as well.

Did you generate your DSDT.aml using 4 GB RAM and Bios A27? Otherwise I will have to re-do my DSDT file. (Easy, but I'm still having trouble booting... :-( )

I tried everything you said, with and without DSDT. No dice: the GUI won't load.

I think I'm going to start from scratch using Tony's USB method. Do you think there's any reason I should be using MyHack instead? Also, wouldn't it be better to get the GPU working using Chimera/Chameleon and GraphicsEnabler?

You include a lot of kexts, but the ones that are simply needed to get the system to boot I think are IOPCI and then the PS2 kexts, right? I guess AppleFakeSMC and NullCPUPM as well. I'm not sure all of the P-states and C-states you configured are helping me boot :-( At least it looks as though Power Management is ultimately possible!

In other words, what are the minimal edits needed to get Tony's method working?

It seems GraphicsEnabler isn't working without some sort of kext edit or injection. Would a reversion to the 10.7.0 GPU kexts be a good next move? I'll try to edit the devids again....

UPDATE: workin' on it. The first thing I noticed is that 10.8.1 doesn't have a Geforce.kext by default. So I'm leaving it out for now. Windows says the FX1700M has a devID of 10DE, 065A, subsys 02501028&REV_A1

• 1 month later...