My mini Guide for install 10.7.4 on Lenovo Thinkpad T61 7661-CTO

HUSABER

94 posts in this topic

Now You are KING on T61 :wink2: just need one litlle step to enable wakeup on bluetooth

Thanks friend :trumpet:

NOW I am the king.

I fixed bluetooth wakeup by starting with a brand new, untouched DSDT. I booted into OSX without a DSDT and extracted it myself. I added the two devices you added to yours, and sleep works without issue. Bluetooth wakes up too.

I installed my WiFi card and it works out of the box.

The last issue I have is Fn+F4 does not sleep the system. It almost sleeps, but locks up before completing. Fans and hard drive stay on. Do you have a patch for that in your DSDT?

EDIT: One more thing - did you get iCloud to work? I can't get it working. Seems to be a problem with the SMBios. I tried different SMBios (MacPro7,1 and MacPro4,1) and they both let me do iCloud, but I cannot sleep anymore.

EDIT 2: I fixed iCloud :D Use smbios from MacBookPro8,2 instead of MacBookAir4,1! Also, I fixed Airdrop by using this line in terminal:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

I still need a Fn+F4 fix though. Maybe next week I will try Mountain Lion

EDIT 3: Spoke too soon :( MacBookPro8,2 killed sleep as well. But I was able to logon to iCloud with it, and then switch back to your smbios which works with sleep.

NOW I am the king.

I fixed bluetooth wakeup by starting with a brand new, untouched DSDT. I booted into OSX without a DSDT and extracted it myself. I added the two devices you added to yours, and sleep works without issue. Bluetooth wakes up too.

I installed my WiFi card and it works out of the box.

The last issue I have is Fn+F4 does not sleep the system. It almost sleeps, but locks up before completing. Fans and hard drive stay on. Do you have a patch for that in your DSDT?

EDIT: One more thing - did you get iCloud to work? I can't get it working. Seems to be a problem with the SMBios. I tried different SMBios (MacPro7,1 and MacPro4,1) and they both let me do iCloud, but I cannot sleep anymore.

EDIT 2: I fixed iCloud :D Use smbios from MacBookPro8,2 instead of MacBookAir4,1! Also, I fixed Airdrop by using this line in terminal:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

I still need a Fn+F4 fix though. Maybe next week I will try Mountain Lion

EDIT 3: Spoke too soon :( MacBookPro8,2 killed sleep as well. But I was able to logon to iCloud with it, and then switch back to your smbios which works with sleep.

You are KING? :fiery: Do not say big words.........

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have just finished installing Mac OS X 10.7.4 with the help of your guide on my Lenovo Thinkpad T61 7663-CT0. I have almost everything working (sound, brightness, etc.) except for the following

• Sleep :help: (I can not get this to work for the life of me!)
  • Internal Bluetooth
  • Internal Wifi (I have the Intel PRO Wireless 4965AGN, which I know is not supported with Lion so I can't ever get this working :shock: )

I have tried a lot of things to get sleep to work. I also checked out the forum you have here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281449-help-for-t61-sleep/page__st__20

but without any luck. I also tried extracting my DSDT, but I am at a loss what to do with it to get sleep to work. Right now I am currently using DSDT Stable and when I try to put my machine to sleep, it goes to sleep, but then wakes up 2-3 seconds later. If you could attach your fixed DSDT with sleep working, or show me how to extract mine and fix sleep using DSDT Editor, that would be great. I have the Thinkpad T61 7663-CT0 which is a little different than yours (Thinkpad T61 7661-CT0). Would this mean I'd have to extract my DSDT and edit it myself? Thanks in advance. :)

P.S. I have extracted my DSDT and attached it below if it helps in anyway, if you could edit it, or take a look at it if matters. Anyway, thanks again. Have a nice day B)

DSDT.aml.zip

If your system wakes up 2-3 seconds later-try to change hibernate mode(i use 7)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281945-how-toset-sleep-mode/

And also-forget Internal Bluetooth and Internal Wifi :wallbash:

• Like 1

Ok I changed the hibernate mode from 3 to 7, didn't work(by did not work i mean it still wakes itself after 2-3 seconds), then tried 0, 1, and 5, still no luck, I also freed the disk space when changing back to the old sleep mode. Why is sleep giving my computer such a problem? Almost everything else works. Is there anything else I could try? Thanks :)

P.S. Did you upgrade your Thinkpad T61 to Mountain Lion? How would I do this? Thanks.

For Mountain Lion i use AdvMiniDock WithPC-E slot,and video ATI5770

• Like 1

Ok, I haven't upgraded to Mountain Lion yet, but I've been experiencing a lot of kernel panics lately with my OS X 10.7.4 installation. :fiery: I have attached below an image of the kernel I get in verbose mode. What causes the kernel panic usually is plugging in the AC adapter to the laptop, unplugging it, and then launching certain applications (Mac App Store and Safari) I need help reading the kernel panic as i do not understand it myself. Could it be the Ethernet kext that i use? I've read a little about that online, but not sure. Here is the kernel panic. Any help would be gladly appreciated B) Thanks in advance. post-1138121-0-74442700-1363322262_thumb.jpg

Ok, I haven't upgraded to Mountain Lion yet, but I've been experiencing a lot of kernel panics lately with my OS X 10.7.4 installation. :fiery: I have attached below an image of the kernel I get in verbose mode. What causes the kernel panic usually is plugging in the AC adapter to the laptop, unplugging it, and then launching certain applications (Mac App Store and Safari) I need help reading the kernel panic as i do not understand it myself. Could it be the Ethernet kext that i use? I've read a little about that online, but not sure. Here is the kernel panic. Any help would be gladly appreciated B) Thanks in advance. post-1138121-0-74442700-1363322262_thumb.jpg

Use this Ethernet kext,and also-try to test fixed DSDT for sleep :wink2:

Archive.zip

• Like 1

Ok, unfortunately I installed the kext and installed the fixed DSDT, and sleep still wakes after 2-3 seconds (even after I set my hibernate to different modes using your guide) and I still get a kernel panic upon opening apps such as the AppStore after plugging and unplugging the computer from the AC adapter. Must I need to uninstall my old Ethernet kext? Thanks in advance.

Ok, unfortunately I installed the kext and installed the fixed DSDT, and sleep still wakes after 2-3 seconds (even after I set my hibernate to different modes using your guide) and I still get a kernel panic upon opening apps such as the AppStore after plugging and unplugging the computer from the AC adapter. Must I need to uninstall my old Ethernet kext? Thanks in advance.

Yes,uninstall all Ethernet.kexts(Also inside Extra folder if you use installed Ethernet.kext)and install new in System/Library/Extensions with KextWizard,after rebuild kextcache with this command on Terminal:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

• Like 1

Sleep is hard way to use(For you :thumbsup_anim: )You need to read more and more.... :wink2: for OS X....

Realy Mac like MacBook and Power Mac also have big problems with sleep and kernel panik :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Do I need to use something like Sleepenabler.kext? I tried one for lion that i downloaded off of OSx86.org, and it just gave my system a kernel panic upon startup. Is there something I did wrong or a certain aspect of the DSDT that i can edit myself possibly to get sleep to work? How is it that sleep works perfect on your hackintosh? Thanks in advance :)

Edit 1: Here is a link explaining a little about SleepEnabler.kext http://www.hackintosh-india.com/2009/07/fix-sleep-in-your-hackintosh-and.html

Do I need to use something like Sleepenabler.kext? I tried one for lion that i downloaded off of OSx86.org, and it just gave my system a kernel panic upon startup. Is there something I did wrong or a certain aspect of the DSDT that i can edit myself possibly to get sleep to work? How is it that sleep works perfect on your hackintosh? Thanks in advance :)

Edit 1: Here is a link explaining a little about SleepEnabler.kext http://www.hackintos...intosh-and.html

What is your issue with sleep exactly? It sleeps, and then wakes itself?

Try to sleep. When it automatically wakes, go into Terminal and type this command:

pmset -g log

(I'm going strictly from memory, but I believe this is the correct command).

It should display which device last "woke" your computer. Let me know what that is, and then attach your latest working DSDT. I will try to make a change that should fix it for you.

PS: Which internal USB devices do you have? Do you have: 1) bluetooth, 2) webcam, 3) fingerprint scanner?

• Like 1

What is your issue with sleep exactly? It sleeps, and then wakes itself?

Try to sleep. When it automatically wakes, go into Terminal and type this command:

pmset -g log

(I'm going strictly from memory, but I believe this is the correct command).

It should display which device last "woke" your computer. Let me know what that is, and then attach your latest working DSDT. I will try to make a change that should fix it for you.

PS: Which internal USB devices do you have? Do you have: 1) bluetooth, 2) webcam, 3) fingerprint scanner?

Wow! That actually showed a lot! Well, it says "Wake due to USB1 USB3: Using BATT (Charge:96%)" As you were asking about my sleep issue, my issue with sleep is that no metter if i close the lid to sleep, or click the Sleep button in the Apple logo menu at the top right of the screen, it shows the little moon icon on the thinkpad, it goes to sleep, but then it wakes itself 2-3 seconds later. I have attached below a copy of the DSDT that I use currently. I have bluetooth and a fingerprint scanner, but not a webcam.

P.S. Aside from my sleep problem, just out of curiosity, do you think there is a way I can get bluetooth working on my thinkpad? It is not my first priority (sleep is), but I wanted to know if there was a possibility to get it working, either a DSDT patch or a kext? The name of the kind of Bluetooth I have pulled from Lenovo's site is "ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate BDC-2". The model number is BCM2045B, and the part number (if it matters somehow) is 39T0497. Thanks in advance.

-sebster101

Edit: I have also attached the DSDT here, since I forgot earlier as I rushed through a little on my response.

DSDT.aml.zip

Ok, I tried it and it looks like we have an improvement, but the laptop still wakes after 2-3 seconds. Now after running pmset -g log, i get "Wake due to USB 1, instead of Wake due to USB1, USB3" Is there anything else possible to fix the problem?

Ok, I tried it and it looks like we have an improvement, but the laptop still wakes after 2-3 seconds. Now after running pmset -g log, i get "Wake due to USB 1, instead of Wake due to USB1, USB3" Is there anything else possible to fix the problem?

Try this one

by the way did you start with your own DSDT or use someone elses?

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

Yes! That worked perfectly! Unbelievable! Now it sleeps without waking up after 2 seconds! Thanks a lot :). btw, did you ever get bluetooth working on your thinkpad? i am having trouble with it. If its not possible to get it to work its ok, I think i could live without it, but it would certainly be nice. Thanks for all your help though, I really do appreciate it :).

Yes! That worked perfectly! Unbelievable! Now it sleeps without waking up after 2 seconds! Thanks a lot :). btw, did you ever get bluetooth working on your thinkpad? i am having trouble with it. If its not possible to get it to work its ok, I think i could live without it, but it would certainly be nice. Thanks for all your help though, I really do appreciate it :).

Yes my Bluetooth is working.

However, I need to know, did you start by using someone else's DSDT?

• Like 1

Yes my Bluetooth is working.

However, I need to know, did you start by using someone else's DSDT?

Well, what I did is I used the Extra folder zip (which can be downloaded at the beginning of this forum from Husaber) and I used the DSDT Stable.aml file found in the Extra folder. I am guessing it is Husaber's DSDT. That's the DSDT i started off using (mostly because it was a lot more stable than the original DSDT provided in the extra folder) As a side note, neither of the DSDT's in Husaber's extra folder had a working sleep for my Hackintosh.

Well, what I did is I used the Extra folder zip (which can be downloaded at the beginning of this forum from Husaber) and I used the DSDT Stable.aml file found in the Extra folder. I am guessing it is Husaber's DSDT. That's the DSDT i started off using (mostly because it was a lot more stable than the original DSDT provided in the extra folder) As a side note, neither of the DSDT's in Husaber's extra folder had a working sleep for my Hackintosh.

Each computer is different, and you should start with your your own DSDT.

I can help you with that tomorrow. I need to figure out why I'm getting KPs on my end :(

• Like 1

Ok, yeah, that sounds like a good idea ;) . Thank you :)

Okay so let's start by extracting your own, virgin DSDT. To do this, you need to boot WITHOUT the one you are currently using. So rename the DSDT you're using now something else (e.g. DSDT_old.aml). Now reboot. You should be able to boot without it.

Once you are at the desktop, hang tight and don't try to sleep or anything (it will likely crash). Now download DSDT editor for Mac: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/223205-dsdt-editor-and-patcher/

Go to File -> Extract DSDT. This will pull in your VIRGIN DSDT. Try to compile it by going to IASL -> Compile. Hopefully you have no errors, and then you will be able to save the DSDT. Once you get there, report back with either the virgin DSDT or any errors you might come across.

• Like 1